𝟯𝟮. 𝗞𝗡𝗢𝗪 𝗧𝗛𝗬 𝗘𝗡𝗘𝗠𝗬

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

THIRTY TWO | KNOW THY ENEMY

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

CLIMBING OUT OF the taxi, Soo-Jin scrutinized the hugh school building standing before her. It had been quite a while ever since set foot inside the premises of a high school again. Looking around, she saw birds gliding in the wind, feathers glistening in the sunlight, and she smiled.

Winter trees stand amid twisting roots that writhe until each disappears into the frozen soil. Rough bark glistens with early morning frost, just enough to whiten the raised ridges. Dark cracks lie in the bark like scars, yet each woody crevice only serves to make them all the more bewitching. Far away from the buzzing urban setting was the Hansung Science High Scool, situated amidst lush greenery in a calm and serene atmosphere.

The school building was well- furnished and the atmosphere around was very delightful as there were lots of greenery and scenic beauty.

Soo-Jin then felt the presence of her lover beside her and wordlessly, she laced their fingers together. She knew he wouldn't reach out first as he was very reserved, so she took the initiative to do it. After all, it was her love language: words of affirmation, quality time, and physical touch.

A month had passed ever since Jun-Ho returned. Sang-Woo was finally released from prison after a year. They were together again.

"Why are we here again?" asked Sang-Woo, following her as they walked up the stairs.

"Didn't I tell you I planned to visit Minjun's previous school?" She reminded him. "This is it. This is where he attended high school. I only had the time to visit here today since we were all busy."

"I see. He told you that he attended here?"

"Yes, he told me after the second game. My contact also said that the only information he can get about him was that he studied here. The boy's like a ghost, Sang-Woo. He almost has no background."

It was true. Soo-Jin's contact and source of information told her that there were only five Yang Minjun registered in the system. The others were already adults and old men. This was the only Minjun that was close to the one she met. She found it very strange that they couldn't know more about him. It was like his background was wiped away clean.

"Why is that?"

"I don't know. We're going to find out."

The two made their way to the principal's office. Students from different grades came into their path newly lit day as bright and buoyant as any bird whom plays for the love of fun. Sooner than they expected, the principal of the high school greeted them with a warm welcome and bright smile, and Soo-Jin couldn't help think if the elderly woman would offer them to let their currently non-existing child to study here.