𝟮𝟵. 𝗨𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗟 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

TWENTY NINE | UNTIL THEEND OF THE LINE

END OF THE LINE

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

IT WAS A sunny day.

Entering the park, a slight breeze rustled the leaves making them fall to the solid ground one by one. The sun began to rise, waking the still sleepy young Soo-Jin. She was on her way to school and it was still very early.

The pathway she strolled along was nothing more than dirt littered with random rocks. The ground, moist from the night before, caused her footing to slip, keeping me on her toes. The park was barren except for an elderly couple feeding the ducks and a couple of joggers breathing in the fresh morning air. She always had to pass by this park in order to get to her school.

"Soo-Jin!"

"Sang-Woo!"

Her neighbor caught up to her and they exchanged high-fives. "You're early." he noted under his breath.

"You're early too."

He nodded. "Want to accompany me to the library before we go to class?"

"Sure -- "

"Ya! You boy! You're going to fight, huh? You're just a skinny slow boy!"

The twelve-year-old Soo-Jin crossed her eyebrows together and her eyes widened at the sight of her bestfriend on the concrete curled into a ball to protect himself from the attacks of his bullies.

"Ya!" bellowed Soo-Jin, rushing head first to save Gi-Hun. "Don't you idiots have to be stupid somewhere else, huh? Get away from him!" She raised her hardbound book and hit her bestfriend's bully with it, striking his jaw.

Sang-Woo didn't say anything and instead clipped the other kid with his fist. He and Soo-Jin retaliated by showing the kids that they were not to be messed with. The bully who attacked Gi-Hun yelled in pain, clutching his jaw and together with his friends, scrambled away from her and Sang-Woo.

"Gi-Hun, are you okay?" queried Sang-Woo, helping their friend get up.

"Yes, yes. Thank you."

Soo-Jin, using her pointer finger, tilted her bestfriend's head to the side. She clicked her tongue, shaking her head. "Why don't we get some ice on that?"

"Yes."

And so, the three friends found themselves sitting by the open area of their primary school. They still had twenty minutes left before their classes start and Soo-Jin began to treat Gi-Hun's angry bruise. The lean boy winced and yelped from the pain, but settled down soon afterwards.