𝟮𝟲. 𝗜𝗧 𝗔𝗟𝗪𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗪𝗔𝗦, 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗔𝗟𝗪𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗕𝗘

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

TWENTY SIX | IT ALWAYS WAS, AND WILL ALWAYS BE

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

FLANNERY O'CONNOR OFTEN wrote about something called a moment of grace. The point where people are forced to make a decision that either enables them to transcend a circumstance or succumb to it.

Chang Soo-Jin was currently experiencing that moment of grace. She exhaled, releasing some of the tension that built up in her shoulders. Her hands were pressed on the pastor's shoulders, and her mind was fixed on the action she was about to do. However, her principles were fighting through it.

It was like everything was in slow motion. There was an inner voice that urged her to push the pastor to his death, but there was another voice that was stopping her. She was conflicted. If she doesn't do anything then they were all going to die and all those deaths would be in vain.

"Please, don't kill me. God..."

"Soo-Jin," Sang-Woo softly called her, removing his jacket. "The lightbulbs..."

She arched an eyebrow.

"The lightbulbs can be used to know which one of the steps is the tempered glass."

Soo-Jin tilted her head. She felt the pastor try to twist her so he can push her instead, but she pinched his ear. He was still kneeling and she couldn't believe he was attempting to kill her. "If you so as much try to murder me, I will not hesitate to push you right now." She threatened. "Don't test me. You know what I am capable of."

"Yes, yes!"

"Here," She heard Sang-Woo behind her. He passed her two lightbulbs. They were still hot and newly unscrewed from the sides of the suspended bridge. Gingerly, she took them from him and slammed them on the metal beams, leaving the tungsten metal. "The player earlier said that the tempered glass would ring if pounded with a hammer. We don't have a hammer right now, but you can hit one of those panels to reveal which one is the normal glass."

She nodded, though she was still unstable. Sang-Woo had just stopped her from committing murder. Gripping the tungsten metal, she handed them to the pastor. "Hurl them for me."

He hesitated.

"Fine, you want to die?" roared Soo-Jin, eyes full of rage. She grabbed the back of his jacket and slightly tipped him over the edge to frighten him.

"No, no! I will do it!"

"You have one minute."

He shakily held the lightbulbs and flung them hard to the right glass tile. A spider web-like fracture appeared on the middle until it spread to the sides and bursted into tiny pieces. It rained down on the ground and they finally knew that the right glass panel was the tempered one.