𝟮𝟴. 𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗜𝗧 𝗧𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗦

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

TWENTY EIGHT | WHATEVER IT TAKES

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

FIVE SECONDS.

That was all it took for everything to go to total shit.

One.

The woman glanced at the steak knife raised beside the pastor's head. Gi-Hun, who was still pounding the sliding doors, had no idea what was about to happen since he was too focused on getting help for Sae-Byeok.

Two.

Soo-Jin put her hand above Sae-Byeok's chest to shield her from the assault. She jad decided just then and there to put the girl's life above her own. She can't afford to lose anyone again. She didn't even know where Sang-Woo was currently. All she saw in the bathroom was blood, but no sign of his body. Just, where was he?

Three.

Reacting instantaneously to the incoming attack, she lifted her hand to her face, her palm facing her enemy. That last word then led her to think if he was responsible for Sang-Woo's disappearance... and death. His knife earlier was dripping with blood when he came in.

Four.

She only had little time to move away and the knife sank deep into the fleshy part of her palm. The blade pierced through her hand, splattering blood over her face. She didn't feel anything at first.

Five.

Then, the pain shot up her hand like fire. She screamed in anguish as it exploded in her head with a blinding whiteness. It made her dizzy. It made her reel. It sent a surge of electrons to every nerve in her brain. Her pained cry was so intense that it raddled the entire warehouse like a chaotic pinball machine relaying more than one ball.

She felt her blood drip on her face and on her lips. She could even taste it. The pastor grunted, now holding his wrist to dig the knife deeper. He wanted to it to go through her brain. Soo-Jin shut her eyes and growled, grabbing onto player 244's wrist to push him back. She exerted all her energy to shove him away and fortunately, she was able to. She then elbowed his jaw and kicked his legs, knocking him to the ground.

"Gi-Hun!"

Her bestfriend dragged the pastor away from her, but he recoiled as soon as player 244 lashed out his knife, attempting to slice Gi-Hun. She rolled to her side, clutching her injured hand. The pain was like needles that had been dipped in alcohol had been jammed through her skin, like her arm had been replaced with ice and electricity wired straight into her spine.

As her vision wobbled and her thoughts tried to collect themselves, she heard the struggle between Gi-Hun and the pastor. She pushed herself up using her unscathed hand and tackled their enemy, wrapping her arms around his neck.