𝟭𝟰. 𝗙𝗔𝗜𝗟𝗨𝗥𝗘 𝗜𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗔𝗡 𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

FOURTEEN | FAILURE IS NOTAN OPTION

AN OPTION

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

IT RAINED, IT poured.

Soo-Jin and Sang-Woo had just returned to Ssangmun-dong to visit their families and have a break from their academic stress. A month had passed already ever since the crime in SNU and the two brilliant freshmen were very happy to return home. The three friends decided to bond together at the restaurant they frequented when they were in primary school.

Soo-Jin was still buying her friends some snacks when it rained. Thick sheets of icy water pummeled the dark road, rushing forth in a mob-like roar. She turned her head to see both of her friends getting soaked in the rain and pulled out her large umbrella for them. Jogging towards them, she held it up.

"Just as I expected, the two of you didn't bring any umbrella." she tsked, squeezing herself between them. They both had their hands above their heads as if it would do anything to stop the rainwater to soak them.

"I lost my umbrella -- "

"You always lose your umbrella, Gi-Hun. What's new?" she shook her head. "And you, Sang-Woo?"

"I didn't bring mine. I didn't expect it would rain."

The brunette sighed, rolling her eyes. "I'll just get those snacks for us later. The vendor is still cooking it anyway. Let's share this umbrella. I'll get you both to the restaurant and come back to grab our snacks." She grabbed Gi-Hun's arm to pull him closer to her since he was farther from the shade.

"Forget it. We're okay, Soo-Jin."

She stepped closer to Sang-Woo. "No, it's okay. I'll feel bad since the two of you will be drenched."

The man wearing a formal attire lightly pushed her toward Gi-Hun. "Share it with Gi-Hun."

"Ya, Gi-Hun, Sang-Woo's -- "

"Aish, Soo-Jin, share your umbrella with Sang-Woo. Look at his attire. He's not used to getting wet."

Soo-Jin was pushed back to Sang-Woo again.

"No, it's okay. Gi-Hun needs it more than me."

Soo-Jin was then shoved to Gi-Hun.

At that point, she was just getting pissed by the constant shoving around she was experiencing that she just dropped her umbrella and let herself get drenched by the rain as well.

"You know what, fuck this shit," she put her hands in her hips, her lips contorted into a frown. She had been lately feeling this slight aggression with the two of them like they were pulling her in a tug of war, but they were pushing her instead. "No one will use this damn umbrella! If you two won't share it with me, then I'm just getting soaked here. You both want that?"