𝟭𝟳. 𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗦𝗘 𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗔𝗬𝗦

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

SEVENTEEN | THOSE WERE THE DAYS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE WOMAN KEPT her eyes fixed on Deok-Su's group to observe them. She was determined in finding out whoever had inside information. Currently, there were only two people he always went to whenever he needed something. It was the glasses guy and the stout man, players 111 and 278, respectively.

"Players, your bedtime will begin in 30 minutes. Please return to your assigned beds and prepare for lights-out."

"Another fight could break out like last night. We should make a plan." Sang-Woo asserted.

"What can we do, huh? We’ve got three girls and old man and us. Our team is the weakest one in here."

This time, the man who ardently prayed earlier, then suggested, "We should choose a weak team and go after them first."

"For a resident priest, you sure are bloodthirsty."

And Soo-Jin couldn't agree more with the female newcomer. She pointed her finger to her and nodded. 

"I mean, everybody’s hands are bloody. We’re all sinners, but we’re still here, aren’t we?"

"Attacking is our best option. So, I think that’s our plan." Player 196 claimed. The brunette was about to challenge his statement when Sae-Byeok beat her to it.

"During the fight last night, the man in the bed in front of me got killed. And the person he thought was on his side broke his neck." she narrated, glaring at the two men. "Do you trust me then? I don’t trust one person here."

By this, Gi-Hun stood up, affirming his position as the leader of the group. Even though it was unofficial, Soo-Jin felt like he was mostly the one who made the decisions and that was his greatest strength. To lead. "All right. I think let’s still do something. Before the lights go out, let’s create a barricade. It might be good to make sure that we have cover."

Ali nodded. "Let's do that."

And so they collected metal and rearranged their beds to serve as protection from attacks. Although yes, it wasn't enough, at least they would immediately know if someone would enter since Soo-Jin set up traps that would alert them using the metal bars. She and Gi-Hun worked together to prepare them and the activity evoked some of her memories with him.

"Are you really sure you can make this car work?" inquired the young brunette, crossing her arms. "I mean, don't get me wrong. I believe in your skills, but this car... it's like dead, already."

Gi-Hun raised his wrench, his optimistic smile almost blinding her. "Yes! Of course! I have to. The customer will pay me big if I can make this baby of his work."