𝟬𝟰. 𝗙𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗬 𝗜𝗦𝗡'𝗧 𝗔𝗟𝗪𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗗

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

FOUR | FAMILY ISN'T ALWAYS BLOOD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

IT WAS DOWN to the last vote.

Player 001, the old man Soo-Jin monitored in the game earlier, slowly and steadily came forward. A clamor had already begun among the players since there were some who wanted to remain despite the deadly consequence that may follow including her and Sang-Woo. She didn't know why he chose to continue. He committed embezzlement and forgery of legal documents. Even if he successfully returns his clients' money, he will still be placed behind bars.

Now, Gi-Hun was beyond bewildered with her choice earlier, considering she was one of the people who raised the last clause as a way to stop the game, but then, what other choice did she have? She was in desperate need of money for her younger sister.

Soo-Jin's attention then anchored to her ex-boyfriend's back, her mind bringing her back to the night they -- no, she decided to end their relationship.

It was the ninth of September and the rain was heavily pouring outside. Lightning flashed and thunder rumbled as they entered the apartment, soaked to the bone. It had been months after her parents died and she was all over the place. Why wouldn't she be? A week ago, she received news that all of her parents' assets will be taken away by the bank and she might have to stop her education to provide for her younger sister's needs.

"I was just late for two hours and you're already in someone else's arms?" argued Sang-Woo, tossing his grey blazer to the couch. "What the fuck, Soo-Jin?"

"Someone else? My god! Gi-Hun's our friend!" shouted Soo-Jin, throwing her hands up. "He was just comforting me like a friend should!"

"You two almost kissed -- "

Soo-Jin opened her lips to explain, but Sang-Woo cut her off.

"No, don't explain. I saw it with my very own eyes, Soo-Jin. That was not how a friend should comfort. He was taking your vulnerability as an opportunity to present himself better than me."

"How dare you accuse him of that?" She jabbed her finger at his chest, enraged by his words since he was wrong. Gi-Hun was embracing her because she finally broke down. He was holding her face in his hands to wipe away her tears. Yes, while it was true that he was still in love with her, Gi-Hun never did anything that crossed the line. He still acted the same. Her bestfriend. "He has been there for me from the start! Where were you when I needed you? You weren't around!"

"I told you, I had a -- "

"Fucking excuses!" screamed Soo-Jin, tears racing down her cheeks. All her pent-up emotions were now pouring out for she had been holding them for months. "At least, he was there for me when I needed someone to talk to, to comfort me! I can't reach you anymore, Sang-Woo! I feel like I'm alone in this and -- " She then sniffed and looked down at the ring he gave her during their second anniversary.