Chapter 3

We pulled up to a senior center. There was a car through the door. That looks like a pretty bad wreck. I got out of the car and walked up to the car to investigate.
I froze.
I dropped to my knees.
That was my car.
"Where is she!?" I demanded
"Who?" Nigel asked.
"My mom."
"What do you mean?"
"This is my car." I put my head in my hands. My eyes stung.
The next thing that happened surprised me.
He came over and hugged me. HUGGED ME.
Just then a group of six came out of the door of the building.
"Hello, Nigel." A woman about Nigel's age approached the group. "This must be Katherine." She remarked
Nigel broke the hug and walked to the woman leaving me on the warm cement trying to calm myself.
She and Nigel continue to talk as I scanned the group. I saw a boy a little older than me, and a girl that was about my sister, Mika's age, about 13. An older woman, and a young boy about 11. I focused back on Nigel's conversation.
"So, Reba, who is the six person?" Nigel asked.
The woman, who I assumed was Reba then replied, "That was the one found in a car wreck, she says her name is Mika."
My eyes widened. I looked closer at the girl that was about Mika's age, wait, that was Mika.
I ran up to her and hugged her.
She backed away surprised.
"Who are you, you freakin weirdo!?" Mika screamed. This turned heads of everyone in the group. I tried to explain to her that it was me,
"If you really are Katherine, then what flavor of ice cream did she want to get when she went to the ice cream store with dad the night of the accident?" Mika asked.
"Pineapple." I responded.
"Katherine, what happened." Mika raised an eyebrow. "You have legs, you look so different?"
"It's hard to explain."
"Try me," She challenged.
"So, they shot me with this stuff that makes it possible to transfer my mind and spirit into this body." I rushed.
"Yeah, of course they did."
"They did!" I defended.
"We did." Nigel said as he walked by.
"Wait, who is that?" I asked pointing at the boy a little older than me. He had loose dark brown hair and handsome blue-green eyes. I knew for sure that he didn't go the my school.
"That would be Julius." She said, hiding a smile.
He turned as he heard his name. Good thing I had the hood up or I would probably die of embarrassment.
"What?" Julius asked.
"Oh, my sister asked what your name was, she was all: 'Who's that hottie?' She is totally crushing on you." Mika said giggling.
I elbowed Mika and looked down toward my feet.
"Ouch! What was that for?!" She shrieked.
"Mika?"
"Yes?"
"We're leaving, come on. Let's go."
"Geez, where would we go anyway." Mika protested.
"Let's go to the limo."
"May we join you?" Julius and a boy about Mika's age asked. The boy was a little taller than Mika, he had glasses and dirty blonde hair that came down over his eyes, covering the rim of his glasses and nearly hiding his deep brown eyes.
"Sure." Mika offered."I'm sure Katherine would like that, too. Right, Katherine?" She bounced her eyebrows twice, "If ya' know what I mean." She whispered to Julius. She bounced her eyebrows again.
Julius smiled and rolled his eyes.
"I just figured that if we are the last humans in the world, we might as well get to know each other, if you know what I mean." This came from the boy Mika's age, he bounced his eyebrows twice, mimicking Mika. "My name is Eian." He held out his hand for someone to shake it.
"Well, you're sure coming off strong." I remarked, shaking his hand.
He laughed. "How else are we going to save the human race."
"I don't know, but definitely not be flirting." I said.
"Hey, why don't we play a game?" Mika offered.
Everyone agreed.
"So, everyone tells five or six facts about themselves then the game moves to the next person."
Julius went first, then Eian, then me, then Mika

Julius- Math geek, plays hockey, eats mint ice cream, has a fascination in repeating words until the sound completely different, had a pet hamster.
Eian- Not good at math, likes to make jokes, popular, in love with Wonder Woman, loves sweet tea, likes the word 'cow'.
Me- Owns two bodies, likes pineapple ice cream, likes classical music, likes 80's movies like Pretty in Pink.
Mika- Likes pudding, random school misfit, favorite movie is an old one called Back to the Future, loves to eats meat lovers pizza, likes Taylor Swift and 80's music.

I would have pretty interesting Facebook account, don't you think?
As we were talking, the rest of the group got in the limo. Reba sat up front with Nigel, and we left the senior center. I didn't know exactly where we were off to, but I was about to find out.

* * *

We drove and drove. We stopped to 'steal' some gas a couple of times. Eian and Mika flirted. We continued on until we were in a mountainous terrain.
I spotted a glint of metal on the side of a mountain and pointed it out to Julius and Eian, as well as Mika.
As we got closer, my head started to hurt, and my eyes stung, not like holding in tears, but a different kind of pain.
The pain kept on escalating until I asked them to pull over. I tried to stay silent, but soon I found myself sitting there, half yelling, half moaning.
My friends were asking if I was alright, but I did not answer. The limo pulled over and Nigel came to my side, but I barely even noticed.
Nigel pulled me out of the car. He put his hand on my head. My eyes were shut tight and I was still half screaming. When he finally got my eyes open, his eyes widened and he backed away in surprise. I wondered what was happening. But my mind was in a blur and I didn't really have a chance to think about it too hard.
I closed my eyes again and I passed out.