Chapter 12

"We have to go, guess where we're headed off to?" Nigel said as he looked down at his watch, I guess he had gotten a message from the authority that controlled our little group. "Hawaii." He answered not waiting for us to respond.
I stared out the window of the limousine. "Who is the head of us anyway?" I asked. "I thought we were our own group."
"Me, too." Julius added. He was sitting in the seat next to me.
"I'm not sure about going on a plane, I'm not a flight person." Mika complained.
"Me neither." Eian said. "We can get through it together."
Those two, well, they were somethin'.
"There is a small, unused airport just 20 miles from here, we will be heading there." Reba said.
"Mom, there's a question I've been meaning to ask you. How are you my mother and also working as a secret agent at the same time?"
"It was my day job." Mom said. "It paid a lot of money, you know."

* * *

We walked into the small airport. It wasn't even an airport, it was just a bunch of raggedy personal planes parked on some torn up concrete.
There was no one there to be seen, so when he walked and then largest plane, It's still seemed like it could only fit nine people, but when tried to start it, it was out a fuel.
So we walked around checking the metal tin cans filling the rusty where house of the makeshift airport.
"Eleanor, you should probably stay here." My mom said. "We don't you getting hurt."
"Can you stay with her?" Nigel said "I just don't want to you getting hurt."
My mom started to protest, but finally she agreed.
We filled up the tank and started the I flight to Hawaii.

* * *

We drifted over the water.
"Are we there yet?" Mika asked, complaining.
"Almost, we should be there in about a half an hour." Nigel responded, he was piloting the plane. It seemed like he knew how to drive everything. Limos, tiny half-rusted planes.
"Well, how are you doing on fuel?" Reba asked.
"I think we are fine. I'll check just in case, though." Nigel responded.
"What day is it?" I asked Julius, who was, again, sitting next to me. I had not much time to think about it, but my birthday was any day now.
"April 7th." He responded.
"My birthday is in 4 days." I realized. "You all better get me presents."
"I think I might have just the thing..." Julius smiled , "...If things work out alright."
We were interrupted by unpleasant curses from Nigel. "We are out of gas, well, almost."
"Hey, look, do you guys see that little island down there? Maybe they have some fuel." Mika said hopefully. The island was just a bare, sandy, rock with a metal building stuck right in the middle.
"Looks like we have no choice. Nigel said. I could hear him flicking switches in the cockpit and the airplane started to fly downward toward the island.
We were going down at a harsh angle.
"I think we are going down to steep!" Julius yelled to the cockpit.
"Where are the ( I will spare you of the curse words,) landing gear?!" Nigel yelled.
"Everyone move to the back!" I commanded, we were going out to down at too fast, we were going to crash, anyway, so I figured we might as well be in less of an impact.
Within a minute, we were together at the end of the plane, the ground came barreling toward us. We braced ourselves and held on for dear life. The top of the plane smashed into the ground completely pancakes it, luckily my plan worked.
Well, I think it did did. I wasn't quite sure. I couldn't really see anything other than the sandstorm around me.