Chapter 6

"Reba, do you have any smoke bombs?" I asked.
"As a matter fact, I do." Reba answered.
"Good, because we will need them." I said. "Everybody scatter around the room in a place where you are close to the wall."
The army was advancing. It was now right outside of the glass observation windows of the burn room. We could see them standing there, watching us. "Time to get this party started." Eian said.
"Smoke bombs please, Reba." I commanded. She threw a couple of small smoke bombs on the ground.
"These should do it." Reba said.
I twisted my laser watch and started burning the smoke bombs. Smoke filled the air. I started to cough, hack and gag.
I rummaged through my belt pocket for something that would burn easily, to make it look like everything was on fire.
I pulled out two small packs of tissues. In the thick smoke, I was able to conceal the fact I was throwing them all over the ground. I torched the tissues and they caught on fire like dry twigs. Then I continued placed a small bomb on the wall and scorched it.
"Everyone, back away!" I said.
I kept coughing. I wondered how the others were holding up.
The smoke was tinted red for two reasons. The fact the smoke the smoke bomb was red, and the fact that there was fire everywhere.
A small boom filled the air, followed by a fiery blast,
Light exploded from the whole.
I urged everyone outside. First Mika came out, then Reba, then Nigel, then my mom, but Eian and Julius were still missing.
I ran back into the smoke, but there was no sign of either of them. By now, five of the army men have been let in to the fire room. I started to get seriously worried. Then I saw a limp body laying on the ground. I came closer and saw two more figures, one that was kneeling over the limp body, and another pointing a stick at the head of the one that was kneeling.
The smoke was draining from the room. I walked closer and closer, being very careful to be silent. It became clear that the shape on the floor was Eian. I also knew one of the ones leaning over him was a soldier.
I shot the fire by the face of the person holding the stick. As I was advancing, I realize the stick was a gun.
I shot the laser at the hair of the soldier. he dropped his gun.
Julius used this opportunity to pick up Eian and run toward the door, which was now kind of obvious with the light shining through the thinning smoke.
I came out just behind him. As I was jumping out of the door frame, shots started firing. I guess the soldier with the flaming hair realized what was happening and had some sense knocked into him.
I also guess he had a good aim.
A bullet hit me in the back of my right soldier. I landed in a sloppy crumpled mess a little ways from the makeshift door.
I started the three legged, limp crawling race down to where my other friends were, when I was halfway there, I stood up and ran. When I was almost there, Mom flipped out a remote from her boot and pressed a button. And the suddenly I heard a huge deafening boom and the whole top of the mountain was blown off.
Flying debris was hitting us all. I got snagged by a couple pieces of brick and a big metal roof piece about a 2' x 2'. On top of the pain from the shot, this was nothing like I ever felt before.
I used to think little knife cuts were bad.
My ears were ringing and my head hurt so bad. My shoulder was bleeding, and I was pretty sure my wrist was broken by a brick piece.
The world started to fade into black. I saw red blood dripping down the dry grass in front of my face.
It grew darker and darker until it was just a big pit of black nothingness.