Chapter 15

"Wait, how do we know she's really Katherine?" Reba asked.
"I came in here to see the box from Steven, when I arrived, Mika and Eian were in here kissing." I said.
"Looks like you have an alibi. Mika, do we need to talk?" Nigel asked.
"Hey, you guys say you're on our side. You invented the vial, can you find out what this thing is made out of." I asked the new guys.
"We probably can." Annie said.
"Omg, I need explanation! Can somebody please tell me what is happening right now." Mika said.
"So I own 2 bodies, and it's electric connection with Annie and I apparently just swapped bodies even though my other one is far from here. I'm not sure I can do a good job explaining. I just put the ring on and I... Boom!" I said.
"Well, I think you got everything." Annie said.
"Really?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Sort of, I don't know everything. I don't know much at all, really." Annie confessed.
"Is there a way to find out?" I asked. The others were still gawking at the fact that I had switched bodies.
None of them had seen me in this body before except Nigel and Mika.
I felt like my change of body was like a change of clothes, which I still felt uncomfortable in, especially in front of Julius.
"Why do I glitch?" I asked.
"What?" Annie asked.
"My powers." I said.
"Maybe because we are close to each other." She offered.
"Maybe."
"So how many powers do you have?" Mika asked. Her voice reflected how absurd that she thought the situation was.
"Teleportation, fire making-ness, healing, shape-shifting... Umm... Is that it?" I questioned.
Well, ok. That was probably bragging.
"So... Can I see the ring?" Annie asked.
"Hold on a sec." I started to attempt to remove the ring, but it was stuck.
"Umm, so are you you going to give me the ring or not." Annie said impatiently.
"It's stuck." I said. "Can you look at it now?"
"I doubt it, I can try." Annie said.
Finally she figured out that she wasn't sure.
"Well, how are we going to get you to our lab, you're legs magically disintegrated when you're body traded with your other body in witch now that body is somewhere in lala land?" Annie sputtered.
"You confuse the crap out of me." Mika complained.
"Ohh, grown up words. What would Mom say?" I mocked.
"CRAP, CRAPPITY, CRAP, CRAP! Ok, I'm done." Mika mocked.
We all started at her, blinking with confusion.
"So, anyway..." Annie said slowly. "Do you think you can make it to the lab?"
"Hold on." I said as I began to run my hand over the stubs of my legs.
I closed my eyes in concentration.
I relaxed slightly when I realized how hard I was biting down.
I concentrated once more, I was slowly making progress.
I wish I had known about this power sooner.
Within 2 uneasy minutes of silence, I had legs.
"Cool!" Eian envied.
Julius helped me to my feet.
"Thanks." I said.
"You're welcome." He said.
I walked out of the room with Annie and Michael.
I feel into sink next to Michael, Annie had a much faster pace.
"I like your jeans." I said to break the awkward silence.
He gave me a shocked look. "Umm... Thank you." He said slowly raising an eyebrow.
"Hey, I know the code to get in here." I said awkwardly.
"Really, it's the most secretive code in the whole world." He said sarcastically.
"5-4-3-2-1?" I said.
He nodded.
"Wait, I need to tell you something. I'm sorry for calling you a mutt." He apologized.
"I can see how that could be confusing."
"Wait, that was you right, is this your real body? What happened to the other one." He asked quickly.
"Yes, yes, and I have no idea, what so ever." I answered.
"Ok... So, I have officially decided that you are... Cool." He said slowly, almost like a question.
"You also seem... Cool." I said slowly.
"Let me show you the... Cool persons handshake. So what you do is make a thumbs up. Now give me a thumbs up fist bump." Michael said.
I followed his orders, so he gave new orders.
"Ok, now take your index finger and your thumb and pretend you are rubbing your fake beard. Cool, you got it." He congratulated. "Btw, I invented that with my old friends."
"Cool." I complimented.
"Yeah, we better catch up to Annie." He said.
"Race ya!" I said, taking off.
"Hey, no fair, you got a head start!" He called.
I ran as fast as I could. Suddenly, jumped to a stop when I saw Annie giving me the evil stare.
Michael stopped too.
We speed walked the rest of the way.
I still won.
Annie opened the door and we walked into the lab.
She and Michael walked over to a microscope and a computer.
Annie started to pull up tons of searches while Michael adjusted the microscope.
Michael called me over.
He instructed me to put my hand in a certain position under the microscope.
He looked closely through the microscope.
I saw his expression change.
He looked over at the computer.
Annie walked over towards a microscope and looked as well.
They started whispering to each other and pointing at the computer screen.
"Ok, after some more research, we have found... That we still know nothing." Michael admitted.
"Ok, so can we be done? I have to go to the bathroom." I said.
"For now, and t.m.i." Annie said.
I shrugged.
"The bathroom is two doors down to the left." Michael explained.
I exited the room.
I heard Annie's voice in my head. 'You like him.'
'What?! Who? Julius?' I responded.
'No, you and Julius... Well, I don't know your deal. You two are too awkward, you can barely talk to him.' She responded.
'You're applying that I like Michael?!' I screamed, mentally, of course.
'No, I know you like Michaels the first sign. He likes you, he doesn't give that handshake to everyone.' She said.
I rolled my eyes.'No, I mean he's cute and all, but I like Julius.'
'I am telling him you said he was cute.' She threatened.
'No, you won't. He won't believe you, anyway.' I said.
'Oh, I'm gonna tell him, in front of Julius.' She taughted.
'You little...' I exited the mental conversation and walked into the restroom.
As I left, I checked my hair in the mirror.
I kind of wanted Michael to like me for some reason.
I shook myself out of it.
I was just being greedy, now.
I left the restroom with the image of myself in my mind.
I looked at the ground I shamed and started walking back toward the lab. I ran into Michael as I open the door... Literally.
"Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." I apologized.
"It's ok, I wasn't either." He admitted. "Anyway, the others are probably in the cafeteria."
"You have a cafeteria?" I asked.
"Why not?" He responded.
I shook my head in disapproval.
"Yeah, I am hungry. Lead the way." I said.
We started walking toward the cafeteria.

* * *

After the meal we were assigned guest rooms. I was given a lovely new change of clothes, jeans and a white T-shirt and a black hoodie.
This made me happy.