Chapter 6 - The Proposal

Melina's pov:

After an awful night I woke up late in the morning with one thought in my mind. I had to find George to sort things out! If what my father told Tina yesterday is real my heart won't endure it! How is possible for the love of my life to refuse me because I don't have a dowry? All his love words, the feelings he showed me for so long were all a lie? Furthermore, I have a bigger problem. I have to find a way to avoid marrying that Old Russian Ambassador, because now that George is out of the picture Tina will insist this marriage to be done and my father won't go against her. Especially now, that my father owes so much money. The end of the week is in 3 days. These guys will be back and I'm sure my dad does not have a penny to give them and they won't be so tolerate as the last time. Oh my God what should I do? Especially now, that we owe so much money. The end of the week is in 3 days. These guys will be back and I'm sure my dad does not have a penny to give them. Oh my God what should I do? I don't want my family to lose everything. But neither I am willing to marry an old disgusting man. I cannot and will not be the wife of the old wreck! I am disgusted only at the sight of him, let alone become his wife. The thought alone makes me shudder! He is sο ugly and slimy, and he has an awful character! No, no, no I can't live with that man in the same place not even for an hour!

Although in the last two days I sent a hundred messages to George, he never answered any. His attitude showed me that he does not want to do anything with me and that hurts a lot! How could he be so hard on me? All these days I also managed to successfully avoid my mother-in-law who wanted to talk to me about something urgent. I could imagine what that would be. I know that by doing so I am literally condemning my father to poverty. But money was never my first priority. I would do anything for my father! I love and care deeply for him, but sacrificing my life for him is too much to ask especially when the whole problem, was created solely by his actions. In recent years he has spent large sums of money to satisfy his wife's whims without thinking of anything. And now he dares to ask me to make sacrifices so that he and his wife can have a comfortable life? How can he be so selfish? If my mother was still alive she would be ashamed and very disappointed by his actions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ * ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aggelos Komninos' pov:

It's Saturday morning and I have already wake up. I couldn't sleep all night!

-"What's wrong honey?" Tina asked me while she changed side.

-"The deadline ends today. Those men will return and ask for their money."

-"Did you ask any of your friends to lend you some money?"

-" All these days I asked everyone I know to lend me some money. Ιn vain thought. No one of my friends was willing to give me more. Ι sold some old family heirlooms but the money I raised was not much. What should I do? Those guys are not kidding. They want their money and I have nothing to give them. I am not sure if I will ever be able to repay them".

-"Are things so bad?" she wondered as if she didn't know that the life she leads is expensive.

-"Yes Tina they are very bad!" I said irritated.

-"You know there is one solution to your problem."

-"Which is?"

-"Marry Melina with the Russian Ambassador".

-"Not this again. Please do not tell me about this wreck again! I don't want to hear it!"

-"And what are you gonna do then?" she crossed her arms and asked me annoyed.

-"I'll think of something.... I'll plead them, I will ask them to give me more time...I don't know....I'll try everything! I won't give up so easily!"

A few hours later......