Chapter 20 - Willing to Try

Melina's pov:

When I entered, I saw Stavros waiting for me in the hall with his arms crossed. I didn't want to fight so I pretended not to see him and passed him. I was heading for the stairs when he sternly asked me where I was. I was furious at his insolence! How dare he ask me such a question when he is out almost every night?

Is he entitled to make a scene about where I'm going but I'm not? That's it! We argued for a while and even though I told him the truth about where I was, he didn't believe me. Furthermore, he insinuated that I was lying and cheating on him. This pissed me off! I couldn't wait to hear more. I wished him good night and went to my room. He followed behind continuing to accuse me. I tried once more to explain to him but he persisted in his point of view.

I was really in despair when he did something I would never have imagined! I don't know what got into him when he kissed me passionately! My heart, my mind, my whole being was frozen as it was something I clearly did not expect. I stood there like a statue for a few seconds, not reacting but after a while I responded to his kiss and kissed him passionately! I can't understand why, but this man has a strange influence on me. When he's around me, I can't control myself and set some boundaries. It's like he controls me in a strange way and every emotion, every thought is completely owned by him.

We only parted to catch our breaths. I looked him straight in the eyes wondering the obvious. Why did he kiss me? When seconds ago he was accusing me of having an affair and didn't believe any of my explanations. Why did he do it?

Even though I don't know why he did it, I really liked it! He'll probably think I kissed him on purpose to muddy the waters, but I don't care about that now. It's the first time in my life that I'm okay with myself. His kiss was so sweet and intoxicating!

No other kiss has managed to seduce me like this! Did I start falling in love with him? I do not know! One thing is certain! I love being around him, touching him and kissing him! I'm willing to try to make it work and that's what counts in the end! With these thoughts, I fell asleep.

The next day, when I went downstairs, I found Stavros having breakfast in the dining room. I greeted him while he  imediately stood up to help me sit down. I can't deny that he is a true gentleman and that makes me like him even more! Why can't he trust me a little?

-"How was your night?" I asked him while we were eating our breakfast.

-"Same" he replied coldly. It was apparent that he wasn't in a good mood. I wasn't intimidated by that and continued trying to have a conversation with him.

-"What will you do today? Are you going to your office?"

-"Of course I am, as always. Why do you ask?" he wondered coldly.

-"I thought we could do something together..."

-"I am sorry, I can't. I have several meetings today. Maybe another time" he said and after he wiped his face with the napkin he got up, greeted me and left.

-"You too" I said disappointingly.

What has happened to him? Yesterday he was so different! He kissed me so passionately to give me a cold shoulder today! It just doesn't make sense! It was clear he was avoiding me, but why? Has he changed his mind? Did he regret kissing me? Either way I won't let it get me down. I have a surprise for him tonight. I will win his heart and prove to him that there is no other man in my life.

Before leaving for work, I told Angeliki to prepare a delicious meal and decorate the dining room with candles and flowers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *** ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~