Chapter 21 - Mistress

Stavros' pov:

Melina, after hosting a very romantic dinner yesterday, announced to me that she wanted to try to make our relationship work. I really don't understand her. In all the time we have been married, she has never bothered to approach me or be a good wife to me. What changed? Why did she decide especially now to try to be a good wife? Was it because she got jealous when she saw me with Christine at the dance or because of my last nights out?

Or is it another trick of hers to throw smoke at me so that she can be with George without anyone suspecting her? The truth is, I still have no hard evidence that she is unfaithful to me. I'll be watching her though. I want to make my marriage work. I'm in love with this woman but I don't trust her. And trust is the alpha and omega in a relationship. All she has done so far is lie to me or hide the truth from me, which are basically the same thing. She has to work hard to get me to trust her if she ever does.

A few days passed where Melina took every opportunity to be with me. Organize romantic dinners, outings to restaurants and clubs, trips to the countryside or to the cabin in the woods. It was obvious she was trying very hard to make it work. 

Although we were together most of the day and I learned a lot about her, our intimacy was limited to a few kisses and a few hugs. We didn't go any further as I respected her wish and didn't want to push her. I have never forced myself on a woman or taken her against her will. I won't do it now. I want her willingly surrendered to me.

I have a lot of work to do today. I have several meetings with various potential clients and will be out of the house all day. It's a good opportunity to watch Melina's movements. I want to know if she is faithful to me and if she means the whole thing with our relationship or not.

I left early in the morning but arranged for two of my most trusted men to see Melina. The day, although full, passed very quickly and evening arrived. I had my last appointment at "Barracuda" with a well-known businessman, Nektarios Velissaris. Before I went to the meeting, I managed to find out about Melina's movements. According to my men, she didn't do anything suspicious: She went to the company and returned home  early in the afternoon.

I entered the club and scanned the area for him. He was sitting at a table with two beautiful women keeping him company. It was obvious he was having a great time but tonight was my only chance to make a profitable deal with him which I wasn't willing to lose.  All I had to do was handle the situation cleaverly.

A wrong move and everything would be destroyed. Most men are always softer in the presence of a woman, but even then they usually don't want to be interrupted to talk business. 

All I had to do was play my cards right! This kind of entertainment didn't apply to me at all, but I had to put up with it if I wanted to close the deal. 

The truth is that I believe it is beneath a real man to pay for a company of women or more..... I have learned from a young age to control my impulses and always seek to have women by my side who wants my company instead of my money.

I approached the table and introduced myself offering my hand. Although I knew the guy, it was the first time we met officially. He shook my hand and invited me to sit, which I did. We had a few drinks and all the while I tried end the day quikly he had other plans instead. 

I didn't want to return home late as I didn't want to cause a problem between me and Melina when we were getting along so well lately. Unfortunately Nektarios was not on the same page with me. Making a deal with him was harder than I thought it would be. But I didn't let it get the better of me and kept trying.

Around two in the morning, after several drinks, I managed to make the deal. I had to put up with all his whims. He wanted me to have fun too, so he ordered two other girls to come and sit with us and try to make my night as enjoyable as it would be in the presence of these women.