Chapter 39 - Trip to Athens

Melina's pov:

Today I woke up feeling really awful. Four days have passed and still I do not remember anything from my previous life. What is more, my stomach is a real mess the last few days. I have this feeling of malaise almost all day. Everything I eat ends up in the toilet after a few minutes. Probably I got the flu or something I ate bothered me. I really don't know....

Noon came quickly with me spending my whole day lying on my bed. George returned home to have lunch with me. He does it reverently every day on lunch and dinner time even though I know he is a busy man and his time is limited. I really appreciate his efforts.

Lina came to my room to inform me of his arrival. I don't know why, but this woman gives me bad vibes. Although she is never disrespectful or rude to me, she has an aggressive demeanor whenever she is around me. I can't understand why, but something in her eyes and the way she talks to me gives me the impression that she can barely stand me. 

I ignored her attitude and went downstairs to the dining room where George was already waiting for me. When he realized my presence he got up and pulled out the chair for me to sit down. Then he sat in his chair, took my hand and gave it a little peck. I quickly took my hand off him discreetly.

-"How are you my love?"

-"Not very good. Something I ate must have bothered me"

-"It's a real pity. I hope you will be able to travel tonight!"

-"Travel?" I wondered.

-"My love we are leaving for Athens this evening!"

-"How so?"

-"I have a lot of work to do there and I will be missing for at least a month. That's why I want you with me".

-"Can't I stay here instead?"

-"No, my love I don't want to leave you here alone"

-"I won't be alone. Matina and the rest of the staff will be with me"

-"That's not the same. I won't be here taking care of you. You must follow me to Athens my love"

-"Ok .......then"

-"I informed Matina earlier to pack your things."

-"Thank  you, I guess........" I said timidly.

Even though, George is very condescending with me and doesn't force me to do anything I don't want, he pushes me to become more diffuse with him and this is something I can't do at the moment. Furthermore he always tells me about how perfect and how expressive we were with each other before my amnesia and somehow I feel guilty for not responding to his feelings  now. But I am not ready to manifest my feelings or be more diffusive with him. At the moment I'm not even sure if I have feelings for him other than gratitude and obligation towards him.

Lunch was really frustrating with George talking all the time about the things we are going to do in Athens in his free time. It's not that I do not share his joy, it's just that all of this seems so empty and indifferent to me. I feel that something very important is missing from my life and that makes me feel half and incomplete. I can't point out what this thing is. My only hope is tο regain my memory quickly so that I can regain my balance and find myself and my position in my relationships. I was immersed in my thoughts while George was constantly talking about his plans, when an idea came to me.

-"Where is my family?" I asked suddenly.

-"I am your family my love" George replied immediately.

-"I mean my father, mother, siblings you know...." I explained to him.