Aaaaand We're Back.

Tristen lay on his bed and stared at the ceiling.

"It needs to be repainted." he muttered to himself.

His doorknob shuffled, then stopped.

"Tristen," Jalai said from behind the door, "unlock the door, please."

"Pass."

"Ugh, you're so annoying." She groaned.

"Thanks," Tristen said.

The door flew open. Jalai stormed into the room with an annoyed expression. Her hair was a mess and she had dark bags under her eyes. But she was nothing compared to Tristen. His short hair looked terrible. He was growing a small stubble on his chin and he had deep pockets under his eyes.

"It's been 3 months, Tristen." Jalai said. "Ethan's gone. The Elements can still be a thing. The Elements ARE still a thing! You should be happy we just turned 16 and took our driving test."

"Yeah. It's not like you need it. You can fly."

"Shut up," She said, sitting on the bed. "Hey, uh, when do you think...he's-"

"If he comes back, I'll kill him." Tristen hissed. " That's a fact and he knows it. Why do you think he hasn't returned?"

"Tristen, he should have come back by now. Do you think something happened to him? Did he...commit-"

"He's too stupid to do something like that so don't suggest it."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. He shouldn't show his face around here."

"Mhm."

"I bet you he will NEVER show his face again."

"Good! For humanity's sake !" Tristen said, sitting up.

"Yup," Jalai said as she chuckled. "For the sake of humanity."

Jalai felt the soft comforter on Tristen's bed. She thought about what would happen if Ethan returned. Would Tristen kill him? What would she do? Would she forgive him?

"Maybe," Tristen mumbled, "I won't kill him. I'd just...make sure he doesn't show his face around here again. I don't think I have the heart to kill him."

"Oh. Wanna go for a walk? Maybe scout some robberies or something."

"Is that why you actually came in here?" Tristen said, resting his face in his hand, trying to hide his smile.

Jalai smirked. "Yup. Also, Stacy Sho is coming over at 5 o'clock, so we gotta clean first."

"BRUH."

2 hours later.

Jalai's fingers gripped the doorknob and she twisted it. The door corresponds and she pushed it open. Tristen ran to the door, slipping his coat on. He put his new FIM in his pocket. During his last fight with Ethan, it cracked. Luckily, HAHI was able to fix it. (More on them later.)

"Hurry up!" Jalai nagged.

They both walked out the door, taking in a deep, fresh breath of air.

"So, should I call Syd and tell her to come and join us or..."

"No." Tristen blurted.

Jalai raised her eyebrows.

"Just...I'm separating myself from her."

"Finally realized she's not a great person?"

"Yeah."

They walked around the rebuilt Tourist's Home. Some pieces of debris were scattered still across the block, swept into piles. As they walked, Tristen cut his leg on a jagged piece of metal.