Let's Go To Space!

Breaking News: Information has come to us that the Louisiana city, Goldenson, was under attack yet again. What looked like blue creatures in spandex suits were attacking the adolescent heroes The Elements. The area, Tourist's Home, was recently rebuilt and now it appears that it has been destroyed once again. The Elements did what they could to stop these creatures including the Element that went rogue three months ago! They fought alongside the Elements?! Have they redeemed themselves? Find out later tonight.

Jalai turned the TV off. "Yup. We're even more hated than before."

Jalai sat down in her bed and buried her face in her hands. She glanced towards the poster on her wall. 

What can you do to be a better leader? It asked with a photo of an eagle flying over a sea.

"What can I do?" She questioned herself. "Train? Just learn? How can I be a great leader when I can't even fight aliens? I'm slow. I'm weak. I am nothing."

But... A voice in her head started. You are doing nothing about it but whining about it. Do something!

"Well," Jalai said. "No. You're right-I'm right? I don't know. I'm going to train now! Starting on speed!"

Jalai bolted out of her home and zoomed into the air. She looked around and flew to the coast of the Mississippi River, which was close to her home. She dropped onto the ground and stared out onto the ocean.

"I can swim. I can fly. I'm ok. I'm ok..." She told herself.

She breathed in. She breathed out. Light purple lightning formed at her feet.

 In the blink of an eye, she zoomed into the ocean. Her feet slammed against the ocean. Jalai laughed as her eyes were wide open in surprise.

"I'm Jesus, baby!" She screamed into the air.

The smile quickly faded away as her foot dipped into the water and she instantly sank.

She flew out of the water and into the air, soaked and breathing heavily. She flew back to the coast and stomped her feet in anger. 

"Not fast enough!"

She repeated the process and didn't make any new progress.

"Damn it!" 

She did it over and over again with no progress.

"Oh my GOD!" As she screamed the last word, a huge bolt of lightning struck her. She sat down and sighed. 

"What am I doing wrong? We're gonna get killed if I am not able to do this right!"

She stood up and ran to the ocean. Her eyes turned bright purple and sparked with electricity. She was awakening her powers again. She turned into a white and purple blur and flew across the ocean.

She started laughing. "Hell yeah! I'm doing it! YES!" 

Lightning trailed behind her as she zoomed across the ocean.

"I'm doing it! I'm-"

Her foot skidded on the ocean surface causing her to trip and fall into the ocean. 

She went back to the coast and looked at the ocean again. Her eyes started to tear up. She started sobbing in her arms as she sat down.

"We're gonna die. We really are going to die." She muttered to herself. 

"Not if you're trying hard enough." Anthony said as he sat down beside Jalai. 

"Shut up. How'd you find me anyway?"

"Well, I saw a gigantic lightning bolt and it isn't raining. Put two and two together and here we are."

"Whatever. Why are you here?"

"Because I know you want to be a better leader. And here's the problem: You already are."

Jalai looked up at Anthony with her red eyes.

"Yes, push yourself to be stronger strength-wise, but you are over-exerting yourself when it comes to your mind. This is coming from someone who is LEAGUES weaker than you. Focus on one goal before you focus on another. Your speed can help you survive in a situation where you lose your strength." Anthony informed her.

"I...I understand." Jalai said as she stood up. 

She looked at the ocean yet again and breathed in and out. "I'm done for now. Thanks, Anthony."

"You aren't gonna try to train more?"

"There's no point. We are gonna be killed."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthony's Shed

The original Elements and the New Elements including Anthony are all gathered around a table.

"Ok," Anthony started. "We have gotta find a way to not get killed."

"I mean, look on the bright side," Cole spoke. "The earth isn't in danger!"

"We are."

Cole sank in his seat.

"I mean it's the 8 of us versus-" Melissa stopped before being interrupted.

"An entire alien army." Tristen said.

"Who said that an alien army was gonna come?" Sydney asked

"Well, if you think about it, we kinda succeeded in destroying those two aliens, I am sure they'll surround us or something." Anthony conferred.

"So..." Jalai said. "Why don't we..."

Jalai looked down. "Why don't we..."

She grunted, stood up, and slammed her feet on the ground. "They want us? They can have us! Let's go to them ourselves. Let's go to space!"

Everyone stared at her.

"Wait...how? What? Are you crazy?!" Tristen asked.

"Well, if Ethan was able to survive in space, that must mean WE can survive as well." Jalai responded.

"Yeah, but what about those who don't have powers? Since Melissa and Co. have a portion or variant of your powers, I doubt they can survive as well." Anthony questioned.

"Well, we can go alone!" Jalai said boldly.

"Wha-what? The four of you against an entire planet?!"

"A sneak attack."

"I-uh-Well..." Anthony trailed off.

He went quiet for a bit.

"There are some parts from James' mech from a few months back I've kept on me. I can see what I can do with those plus some other parts. I'll do what I can to help build and prepare your bodies for this. Give me about 3 weeks."

Everyone went quiet.

"So...we really are going to space?" Sydney asked.

"I guess so." Tristen accepted.

"What are you guys gonna do on Earth?" Ethan wondered. 

"There are still riots and robberies going on. We got this."

"Alright! It's time to prepare to go to space!"