Let's Go To Space Part Two

Anthony's Garage

Anthony was covered in oil as he worked on a 15-foot sphere. The sphere had four boosters on its bottom and a large window in the front. Inside the sphere were four seats. He was working on the spaceship. He was welding some rusty bolts onto its outer shell.

He winced as sparks bounced on his face. 

"You aren't-uh-gonna wear a mask or something?" Ethan asked as he walked to him. Sydney trailed behind him.

"Nah, I'm an Element now. Too strong for a mask. Plus, I need to build my pain tolerance." He responded.

"So, this is our spaceship," Sydney questioned. "I thought it'd look a bit different."

"Building a NASA spaceship isn't as easy as it sounds, Sydney. I don't even know if this will do the job properly."

"Sorry." She said as she looked away.

"Here," Ethan started as he walked to the ship. "let me help."

Ethan hovered his hand over a rusty bolt and it welded with the ship's shell. He repeated the process until all bolts were welded.

"Thanks, man." Anthony beamed as he stood up and swiped at his dirty body. 

"Don't mention it."

"Alright, call the others, we need to talk."

"Jalai! Tristen!" Sydney called out.

The sibling duo walk out of the shed confused.

"What?" Jalai answered.

"Ok," Anthony said. "your bodies besides Ethans are NOT ready for space. However, if Ethan was able to survive in space without a suit, I am sure you guys are. BUT, you guys need to prepare for  the gravity and health change."

Jalai nodded.

"Now," Anthony continued. "obviously, I don't have a random-ass space simulation lying around. So, all I can really help you with is your diets and spacewalking."

"Wait, how can you help with spacewalking?" Tristen asked.

"The world's largest indoor pool: the Sonic Waters. Two and a half million gallons of water. 25 feet long, 43 feet deep. Many astronauts train underwater in the pool because it simulates that natural weightless feeling in space."

"And, you set up a training appointment or something?"

"No, we're sneaking in there."

Jalai laughed. "Excuse me?"

"Hey," Anthony turned. "You ARE the one who decided to go into space. That's a crazy decision alone, so you can't get made when we put crazy on top of more crazy."

"Good point."

"Alright! Let's get ready for space! AGAIN!"

They all get in Anthony's car and head to the car ready to commit their little misdemeanor.

"Anthony, don't you think it's a little weird for us children to be getting into your car considering you aren't even related to us?" Tristen asked

"If we all ignore it, Tristen," Anthony replied. "We'll be fine."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Supreme Universal Court - Planet XCV

A giant dark room was filled with hundreds of alien beings. Both sides of the walls held seats that these beings sat in. The front wall held  6 seats. They were all empty but two. A blue alien with two antennas and dull black eyes sat and stared, it wore the same red and yellow uniform as the previous aliens. An identical alien sat next to it except it looked older. It was wrinklier and held a large grey beard on its face.

"When shall the children come to be trialed?" The alien with dull eyes asked.

"I've heard from the other Endless that our army is preparing to go fetch them." The old one responded.

"Really," The dull-eyed one responded with a smirk. "I thought they would have been killed by now."

"No, apparently, they're quite strong." The old one chuckled.

"Egotistical idiots. Little do they know they shall be trialed and most likely executed by us, the Endless."

The floor was completely void except for a single platform that held four chairs and a microphone. 

"Our prison is ready," The dull-eyed one stated, "and our weapons are ready. If they wish to fight, we shall."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"THIS SUCKS!" Tristen screamed as he got out of the pool soaked.

"Yeah, I feel bad for astronauts, bro." Ethan said as he trailed behind him.

"Don't call me that."

"Tristen, don't be mean." Anthony said as he lay shirtless, reading a book in his beach chair.

"You ain't even doing anything!" Tristen screamed.

"I am supervising, now get back in the damn pool."

Tristen and Ethan both jumped inside the pool.

"Can't believe I am 21 and I have to babysit." Anthony said as he smirked to himself.

"Why are you even here?" Jalai questioned walked out the pool.

"I just said I am supervising!" He responded.

"And relaxing..." 

"No backtalk!"

Sydney jumped out of the pool. "Hey, this astronaut thing isn't too hard!"

"Probably because you are literally water." Jalai replied as she climbed back into the pool.

Hours pass and eventually everyone has done what they need to do.

"All right, kids. Get in the van- I mean car." Anthony commanded.

"The what?" Tristen asked with concern.

"Just buckle up."

Tristen held the door open for Sydney and they both buckled up. Tristen reached across Sydney and slammed the door right in front of Ethan's face. Ethan opened it again and Tristen slammed it shut. They repeated the process until Tristen stopped, laughing to himself. He put in his headphones and shut his eyes.

Everyone fell asleep except for Anthony and Jalai. Jalai sat in the front seat and stared out the window looking at the green trees turning into blurs.

"Hey," Jalai started. "Anthony...where is your family?"

Anthony stared out at the road as his fingers gripped the wheel. He took in a deep breath and exhaled.

"Well, my mother has passed away. My sister is out-of-town and I despise my father. I originally had brown hair but I dyed it. Yes, this red hair isn't natural. I rather not talk about my family. I do plan to visit my sister soon though. Maybe while you guys are in space."

"Oh," Jalai said. "Have you ever thought maybe talking to your father again?"

Anthony sighed again. "I don't know, honestly. He's a tough man to talk to. Frustrating one too."

"Oh. I hope you fix your relationship with him." Jalai responded as she closed her eyes and drifted asleep.

"I hope so too."

Next chapter:

The Solar System