Chapter 44

Five months later

Namjoon woke up to a cold bed, his fiance was not in the bed anymore making him pout. The first thing the alpha always wanted to see in the morning was Jin's face so he could pamper his fiance with kisses and an early morning cuddle. But this morning was different, the omega was not in the room nor in the bathroom making the alpha worried. He quickly rushed downstairs to look for him and in the kitchen he saw his now seven months pregnant fiance making some waffles, his stomach had gotten really big but it wasn't as uncomfortable as it would be when he'll reach the eighth month.

The alpha slowly walked up to his mate and hugged him from behind, nuzzling his nose in his fiance's nape. "Good morning Joonie~" "Good morning sweetheart, why are you making breakfast? I thought I told you not to move around too much," "I know darling, but I just wanted to make you something before you leave for your trip," Jin said with a pout.

Namjoon had to go on a business trip to another country, Epiphany, for three days. He had planned to send Yoongi instead but Jin scolded him saying how he was being irresponsible as the CEO of  Kim Enterprise to send the vice president in a meeting full of CEOs. In Jin's words, "How can you be so irresponsible Kim Namjoon? You are the CEO of the biggest enterprise in our country and you're going to send only your Vice president to a meeting where only CEO's attend. Think about how Yoongi will feel awkward and how they'll think about you!" So the alpha had no choice but to listen to his fiance because he was right.

"Why are you pouting my angel? I thought you wanted me to go on the trip?" Namjoon asked with a chuckle making the omega hit his chest playfully. "I know I asked you to go but I'll miss you so much," he said while burying his face in his fiance's broad chest. "I'll miss you too baby, but I'll be back on Friday noon. You'll stay with eomma and appa so I'm sure you won't be too lonely," the alpha said while gently caressing the omega's soft hair. "Now go take a shower and get dressed, then we'll have breakfast together," "Okay baby, thank you," "Mm now go and let me make some more waffles for my amazing alpha," Jin said making Namjoon coo at him.

The couple were eating their breakfast and having small talks here and there. "Baby, when you go to work please be careful okay. Don't carry any of the kids, or run around with them," "Yes Joonie, don't worry okay I'll take good care of myself," Jin smiled widely at his mate. "I'll drop you off at the mansion since you don't have work today," "You don't have to darling, Mr Im can take me. I don't want you to miss your flight," "Don't worry sweetheart, my flight's at 1pm , I have plenty of time."

Timeskip

Jin was hugging his alpha tightly, crying into his chest. "Oh baby, please don't cry. If you really don't want me to go I can cancel everything," "N-no Joonie. I j-just m-miss you so much a-already," "Baby are you sure? I can leave everything for you, you're always my first priority. You know that right?" "Mm I k-know thank y-you Alpha, but you have to go. Just p-promise me you'll be s-safe and r-return home, back to m-me o-okay," the omega said in between sniffles. "I promise I'll come home soon honey, I can try to come back by Thursday okay bun," Namjoon said softly while wiping his fiance's tears gently and looking into his eyes before placing a soft kiss to his lips. "I have to go now baby, I love you so much," the alpha said while pecking his mate's forehead and bending down, kissing his belly, "I love you little one, be good for your appa and don't cause him too much trouble okay."

"Have a safe trip son, and don't worry about Jin, we're here for him," Mr Kim said before hugging his son; "Thank you appa." "Joon be safe and good luck for your business okay," Mrs Kim said with a smile, "Yes eomma, I'll be back by Friday." Namjoon gave one last hug to his fiance and kissed him sweetly before getting into his car along with Mr Lee who'll be accompanying him to Epiphany.

After Namjoon left the mansion Jin broke down in tears. He knows that his fiance has to go but he just misses him so much. "Oh Jinnie, don't cry dear. Joon will be sad if he knows you're crying like this," Mrs Kim said while gently rubbing circles on his back, comforting him. "Your eomma is right Jin, don't cry and stress yourself out it's not good for you and the baby," Mr Kim said with a caring voice. Jin wiped his tears with the sleeves of the shirt he was wearing, one of Namjoon's work shirts and nodded his head slowly. "Eomma can I take a nap? I'm feeling a bit sleepy," the young omega asked shyly. "Of course dear, this is also your home so you can do whatever you want,"  Mrs Kim said with a smile and helped Jin up the stairs to Namjoon's old room which he uses everytime he stayed over. "Thank you eomma," "Sleep well son."

Jin made a nest out of his alpha's clothes that he carried and those in the closet so he could sleep a little bit better. He was engulfed by Namjoon's scent and soon enough he drifted off to a deep sleep.

"Jin, wake up. Jin!" Mrs Kim tried to wake Jin up so he can have his dinner. "Jinnie, wake up dear," "Joonie ten more minutes please," "Jinnie, you have to eat on time dear." The voice wasn't Namjoon's and Jin immediately opened his eyes and saw Mrs Kim softly smiling at him. "You can freshen up and then come down for dinner Jinnie," "Okay, thank you eomma." The female omega left the room while Jin headed to the bathroom to freshen up. After five minutes he went down to the dining room, a maid helping him walk down the stairs, "Thank you," he politely smiled at her making her smile too, "It's not a problem sir."

Namjoon's parents and Jin were enjoying their dinner with a few chats here and there. "Are you having any cramps Jin?" Mrs Kim asked worriedly, "No eomma I'm fine, the pup is just very active today," Jin said making the two elders smile fondly at him.

After dinner, the three of them were watching the news in the living room. The news anchor was about to switch to the weather forecast when a breaking news came. 'The 1pm flight from Persona to Epiphany had engine failures leading to its fatal crash leaving no survivors.'

The room became silent, Mr and Mrs Kim were speechless while Jin felt suffocated and dizzy. He didn't want to believe what he just heard. He looked up to the television again only to see the same words. The omega quickly reached out for his phone and tried calling his fiance, but the call didn't go through. "Come on Namjoon-ah don't do this to me please, please darling please!" Jin sobbed while still trying to call the alpha. Mrs Kim was silently crying, while Mr Kim felt numb, he didn't know what to do. The flight his son was on had crashed leaving no survivors so what can he do? He lost his son and now his wife and his son's fiance were crying painfully.

"Darling m-maybe J-Joon is okay-, " Mr Kim said but without much hope. Jin suddenly stood up rushed to his room, locking the door. He quickly got into the nest he had made earlier in the day and let out painful sobs. There were loud knocks coming from the door but he paid no attention to them. "Why J-Joonie w-why? Y-you promised m-me y-youll c-come back safely. W-why do y-you have to leave me alone with o-our b-baby? H-how can our b-baby g-grow up without a f-father? H-how can I survive without you?" The omega kept sobbing for hours and he grew exhausted, but he couldn't sleep, tears streamed down his face continually while he snuggled in the nest he's made with his alpha's clothes. "Come back J-Joonie, your omega n-needs you."

A/N: Alright I'm sorry. I know I said no angst but......... Dun dun dun
Please don't kill me🤧