Chapter 45

It was 1am and Jin's eyes were closed, but the tears streaming down his face and into his pillows were a sign that he wasn't asleep. He has been crying for hours non stop, mad at his mate for breaking his promise to return safely. Suddenly he felt the urge to throw up so he quickly but carefully got out of the comfortable nest to go to the bathroom. Everything the omega ate that day seemed to come out and he felt weak and dizzy, his tears never stopped flowing. 'I need you Joonie, please come back.'

Meanwhile, Mr and Mrs Kim didn't know what to do to to console their son in law. Even Tae and Jungkook who had gotten there immediately after they had heard the news seemed to have nothing to say. They knew no matter what they say, it'll not heal the broken heart of the omega. So they decided to give him his space until the morning.

Jin was sitting at the edge of the bed, holding one of his alpha's hoodies to his chest, breathing in the warm scent that he knows will soon fade and he will never ever feel again. 'Joonie please come back to me. How can I raise our baby alone? He or she will need you to be the father figure, to look up to you. My alpha why must fate play cruel tricks on us?' The omega's thoughts were interrupted by his phone ringing but he didn't bother to check it. It was probably people calling to send him their condolences. His phone kept on ringing but Jin paid no attention to it.

Two hours passed, it was 3am and Jin finally fell asleep due to exhaustion. But, even in his sleep, the omega let out small whimpers, tears falling occasionally.

Another hour passed and the door to Jin's room slowly opened. A person slowly entered the room as if scared that someone might hear them. The figure walked to the bed where the omega was sleeping, sitting on the edge of the bed softly caressing the omega's cheeks and tugging his hair behind his ears. Jin's face was wet because of the never ending tears even in his sleep, his nose red and his cheeks puffy.

Jin suddenly opened his eyes when he felt a gentle hand caressing his face. His eyes widened and he sat up immediately, hands covering his mouth and shaking his head. "N-no n-no t-this can't be. It's j-just a d-dream," the omega said to the person sitting on his bed, "I-I h-have g-gone c-cr-razy," the figure shook his head and opened his arms for the omega. "It's me baby, it's your alpha."

"Joonie!" Jin immediately threw himself into the arms if his mate and let out a loud sob, hands clutching the alpha's shirt as if he'd disappear once he lets go. "It's okay baby, I'm here. I'm here sweetheart, shhh everything is okay," the alpha coaxed his mate softly while bringing him to his lap, rocking him back and forth and kissing his temple with every rock. "B-but h-how.... The f-flight.."

12:30 pm at Persona International Airport:

Namjoon and Mr Lee were ready to board the flight when the alpha got a phone call.

Hello Mr Han,

Mr Kim, I know we've arranged the meeting to be in Epiphany, but my wife gave birth this morning so I can't really fly there. I was wondering if the meeting could take place here in Whalien instead.

Oh that's fine by me Mr Han, I hope your wife and baby are okay.

They're good Mr Kim, the other CEOs will also come here. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

Not at all Mr Han. I'm actually happy since it's nearer so I'll get to return home soon.

Thank you Mr Kim. The meeting will start at 5 pm and we'll try to decide everything by tonight. Have a safe trip Mr Kim.