6: Deadlock

Zhan slept long and well, cocooned in the sheets filled with the scent of the calming Sandalwood.

But as the sun rises at the horizon, the brutal pain of his ripped muscles attacked him, kicking him back to consciousness and reality.

"Ouch!" He yelped, rubbing and kneading his strained back.

Zhan knew he had shot himself on the foot and dug a hole for himself sharing a bed with a man. What had come to pass between him and that beast-on-bed younger man is definitely a mistake!

Displeased, Zhan scanned around, finding his offender was no where in sight. 'Why am I even looking for him? Isn't it good? Escape while the beast is off-site!' He shook his head and limply peeled himself from the comfortable mattress, only to take one step and plunge down the floor with a thud.

"Crazy monster!" He grumbled, face and body on the floor. His legs were numbed and disabled from too much assault the other had done to his back!

Hearing the loud clunk and the curse that followed, the awaited culprit entered the bedroom in cue to watch Zhan's miserable self flopped on the cold tiles. Zhan brazenly showed his despise, gritting his teeth while throwing deathly daggers on the younger's direction.

Yibo, on the other hand, remained passive, sporting his poker face and nonchalance. He slowly walked up to Zhan, placing the tray he was holding aside. "You need help?" He hunkered over, pale eyes remarkably soft.

"No need!" Zhan shrugged him off, pushing himself up with his remaining strength. He was almost successful if not for his pathetic wobbly legs giving away yet again. He gasped, closing his eyes, awaiting for the impact of his fall which did not happen.

Peeking with one eye, he saw himself levitate from the floor, strong arms lifting him up as if he weighed nothing.

Zhan's mouth fell open, eyes wide. He gaped at the young man. "Y-You---!" He stammered, unable to complete a sentence and Yibo smirked at him which seemed too blindingly handsome for an early morning, dazzling the poor Zhan.

"Bathroom or breakfast?" The monotonous voice ringed in Zhan's ears snapping him from his daydream while the owner's chiseled jaw swiftly pointed between the other door inside the room and the tray of food he had brought with him.

Zhan was at deadlock! His sight refused to separate from the captivating man's visuals. Who could have known the young man is that flawless and unblemished up-close? It was absurd and delusory! Zhan scrutinised Yibo's every feature from the small forehead to his tempting cherry full lips. And unfortunately did not find a single thing to ridicule or hate.

"Ge?" The younger's brow arched, honey eyes staring down at Zhan, colouring the older's face with the hue of shame.

'Crazy-stupid Zhan!' Zhan screamed inside his head. He had just ogled like a perv at a man!

------
14-Oct-2021