9: Steadfast

What they have is merely physical intimacy and a relationship of convenience.

Yibo's plan had worked in numerous triumphant ways. It was perplexing yet impressive how their fandom fizzled away in a good way. There were no more paparazzi students stalking them, taking their pictures, making up stories and lies regarding them.

The unwanted love letters and gifts lessened too. And even the persistent Lusi and Qing stepped aside and receded on their aim to win Zhan. Sadly, these two ladies still pine for him, their perfect boyfried-material and Mr. Right, and are woefully still watching him from a distance with their sad-longing gaze.

Zhan thinly feels sorry for them but he finds his newly found freedom more appealing.

Most days, he can act naturally without being judged and watched. His true colours are showing: being cheeky, playful, and a blabber-mouth, his best friends Cheng and Yubin concurred.

Meanwhile, Yibo did his part being a possessive lover whenever they are together in campus or in the closure of their bedrooms.

Routinely, he will obediently pick Zhan up from his apartment every morning even if the younger's class would be hours later in the day. And for display of their affection, Yibo will torridly kiss him in front of his class before he will bid Zhan goodbye and whisper 'See you later, Bunny.'.

Zhan will pretend to seethe as Yibo walks away with a smug, but his flustered face is always obvious for the world to recognize he is in deep sh*t 'maybe' falling for the younger guy.

Whenever lunch time arrives, Yibo will be by Zhan's classroom door waiting for him to spend the recess together. At first, Yubin and Cheng dared to join them but was repelled to be a third-wheel again in the future. Why? It's because the two have spent more time melting each other with their yearning gazes, interlacing their bodies and sucking each other's mouth rather than eating their actual meal. Cheng's insides churn wanting to vomit at the view while Yubin hyperventilated in fear and ran away within the first 5 minutes. There wasn't a next time thereafter for the four to gather in one table again.

At the end of the day, Yibo will be there again to await Zhan until the late advance class he was taking finishes.

Yibo was obstinate!

Zhan had told him more than once not to waste his time waiting for him like that, but the younger will just brush him off and say 'It's unsafe for a beauty to travel on his own at night.' with a flirty wink which always makes Zhan speechless.

Two months have gone by like that, with Yibo being Zhan's first person to greet goodmorning and the last he sees before he goes to slumber.

Yibo was steadfast with his acts: Persistent. Patient. Attentive.

Whether it is merely Yibo's acting play or something else, Zhan honestly hopes it tilts more towards their untouched topic of 'something else' and 'what if '.

Zhan does not know yet but he is sure time will tell why he wanted to stay as it is with that unwavering younger man.

--------
A/N:
Is Yibo falling in love or is it all just an act?
Or has he fallen in love?
How about Zhan?
Falling, fallen or not?

15-Oct-21