28: The Man Who Caught Everyone's Attention (Extra Chapter 2 - Part 2)

Zhan's lips were curled, jaw clenched as he followed the Director towards the executive's office. He didn't like Director Zhang's obvious fancy towards his Bobo even inviting the said person to come with them inside. Meanwhile, this oblivious Yibo grins back to the dimpled Director heedlessly which only made Zhan's face contort more with annoyance. He gave Yibo a hostile glare but the younger replied with an impish smile. Thus, Zhan canted in his head this Didi deserves a sort of punishment when they get home.

As soon as this top dog opened the door for them to enter, Zhan's crumpled face turned into astonishment then curiosity seeing the least person he was expecting to see inside that office.

"Surprised to see me?"

Zhan almost made a run to a smiling Hai Kuan and give his future brother-in-law (A/N: Ahem!😳) a tight hug if not that they were in a formal place.

Two ignored person then coughed in unison breaching the happy telephathy between Zhan and Hai Kuan. Both men's basses complimented each other's desire for Zhan's recognition while Director Zhang only shook his head with a fond smile.

Zhan's head moved instinctively to the older man sitting behind the CEO's desk, ignoring Yibo who was again jealous of Zhan's closeness towards his older brother Hai Kuan.

Zhan's eyes widen. The other man is none other than Lan Qingheng-Jun! The notable businessman from a dynasty of righteous businessmen of the Lan clan Zhan hold dear respect and admiration.

On the spur of the moment, subtle pieces of information seemed to settle in Zhan's brain. "T-The amber irises..!" Zhan didn't notice he had verbalised his rumination as he gawked at that outstanding eminence.

Lan Qingheng-jun's mouth twisted into a warm smile. "Good spot. Unfortunately, that's the only thing that kid got from me." He jived and Hai Kuan tittered at the side.

Zhan's eyes moved from this man to Hai Kuan, seeing more similarities!

'This does not make sense?!' Zhan's mind was perplexed and unbelieving. He felt like a clown!

All the signs from the morning came to his reminisce. From the reception staffs enthusiasm towards Yibo, to Yibo's casualness pulling them both into the Executive Lift, to Director Zhang's familiarity towards Yibo! And this! Lan Hai Kuan and LAN Qingheng-Jun in one place!

LAN! F*cking LAN YIBO!!! He was internally panicking and wanting to kick Yibo's ass! How could he NOT tell him?!

Zhan's face turned ghastly and he felt his heart drumming loud through his ears. He felt insufficient and lacking standing in front of these powerhouse Lans!

"Zhan-ge..." Yibo pulled and turned him, his face like a begging puppy wanting to be patted on the head by his Master. The younger knew his mistake: they've been together for almost two years but he had left Zhan in the dark of who he really is. A Lan. '...but isn't it overtly self-evidenced that he is a Lan?' Yibo wanted to dispute but knew wisely to just shut up.

Zhan's nose flared and crimson hue darkened his complexion reading the lines in Yibo's guilty frown. "You better prepare when we get home Lan Yibo!" He whispered with gritted teeth.

"Always ready for some action, Baobei." The confident rascal dared reply for all ears to hear with a flirtatious wink and lower lip biting which made Zhan crazy for those cherry lips.

Hai Kuan knowing these two well mediated before any fiery interplay leads to somebody's heart attack. "Shameless!" He butted in and diverted Zhan's attention by formally introducing their Father, Qingheng-Jun and their cousin, Yixing.

"Pleasure to meet you, Zhan." Qingheng-Jun's temperamanent resembled Hai Kuan's which made Zhan at ease with his presence. The older Lan then subtly put his hands on Zhan's shoulders, patting it gently. "My son Yibo sure is handsome but is also quite a handful. Thank you for bearing with his sketchy flaws."

Zhan find this humorous and he let out a joyous giggle as both Hai Kuan and Yixing joined in this merriement. Whereas, the accused Yibo grumbled like a toddler against his Father. "Father you must tell him my good qualities not the bad ones!" Yibo grabbed his Gege back and back hugged him. He hid his face on Zhan's nape, hiding a smile.

Zhan choked in between his laugh when something warm and moist sweep through his neck. "Lan Yibo!!!"

"What? Can't I have a taste of my favorite meal?"

This time, it's Zhan's turn to yell 'Shameless!' and Yibo just laughed with his heart cuddling his Baobei in his arms. "I love you, Zhan-ge." The poor boy declared his heart raw for all his family to see how whipped he is for this Gege.

Qingheng-Jun can't help shaking his head while subtly grinning. He was first against Yibo being in a relationship with another man. But he knew how stubborn Yibo could be and even his eldest Hai Kuan was vouching for this Wei Zhan. So, Qingheng-Jun gave Zhan the benefit of the doubt. Now, seeing his youngest and his lover all sweet made the old man's sweet tooth ache giddily.

'Love indeed is unpredictable. But only this type of true love can bring such smiles which can reach one's heart.'

----------------

A/N:

A/N:

This is the last extra chapter 💚❤️

22&23-Feb-2023