21: I'm With You

A/N:
Short Chapter ahead....!
----------

Everything went so instantaneous and urgent. Zhan did not even catch a glimpse of the other man's face, but only a flicker of a second was all it took for him to recognise that sweet woody fragrance steaming from the phantom. 'It couldn't be anybody else...'

Thus, the kiss that initially startled him, turned hungry then intense. Zhan kissed him back, open-mouthed. He opened his lips to welcome the other's tongue in the depths of his mouth. The said flesh plunged in without hesitation, blurring and drowning Zhan's mind into nothingness as his body turned mushy in the younger's hold.

Body flushed against one another, Zhan cling to the other in need and demand. His arms latched at the other's nape as the only solid thing in that dizzy swaying world. Reflexively, the younger's arms wrapped around his waist and back securely: delicate but sure and hard.

"Ge..." The deep baritone voice implored inside Zhan's mouth and no later did Zhan's heart beat faster and faster it almost hurts.

That was it for him.

Zhan dreamed this moment to life.

He held Yibo closer, pulled him tighter, and squeezed him in his arms.

"Bo..." His reciprocal call wasn't a question but a certainty. Yibo, a name so precious to Zhan's heart made Zhan well tears of joy at the realisation that this moment wasn't just a product of his imagination.

"I'm with you, Ge." The younger whispered and Zhan's sobs escaped. "Don't leave again..." Zhan summoned unreserved, scared that all that was just another fleeting moment of Yibo's presence.

"Mn. I won't." Yibo reassured, brushing Zhan's temple with his soft lips and rubbing Zhan's back gently as if consoling Zhan's heart.

Not sure how long they'd stayed glued to each other like that in the midst of the inebriated crowd and cheesy slow music, Yibo suddenly pat Zhan's back. "Hop on."

Zhan slightly parted to look at Yibo, eyes blurry and moist both from residual drunkenness and his tears. Soon, he was pressed against Yibo's frame again, feet lifted from the ground, and legs around the other's waist. "Let's go home." Yibo supplied with a smile so rarely seen on the younger's face.

And just like that, Zhan's joy soon effaced any other emotion, be it worries and fears, anxieties and embarrassment.

"Hmn. Take me with you, Baobei!" He replied, his sunshine smile more dazzling than it was ever.

---------
A/N:

Where was Yibo in all these past months, and why did he not contact Zhan? Or maybe he did? 🤷🏻‍♀️😅

6-Mar-2022