Imagine 4 (confession)

~long story~
Newt's POV:
It has been a year since my best friend, Y/N, has come up in the box. We have always been getting along with each other: hanging out together, flirting, giving each other cute nicknames and small kisses on cheeks, foreheads, noses, ears, etc.
It was obvious that we both liked each other, but we never actually said or did anything about it. All the gladers literally shipped us together and still do, which made me realise that I had to tell her something sooner than later.

"Just go tell her, man." My best friend Minho said.

"Yeh Newt. Listen, I might not look like the shank that gets involved in these kinda stuff, but I can tell Y/N likes you... a lot!" Gally told me.

"Yeah, yeah... but she's my best friend! I don't wanna ruin anything." I frowned. I was worried about losing her in case something goes horribly wrong and we end up not talking to each other. I glance over Gally's shoulder and I see Y/N walk out of Frypan's kitchen and towards her hut.

"This is it Newt... it's now or never." Gally told me and walked off.

"Go get your girl Newt." Minho patted my shoulder and walked off too.

And with that, I took a deep breath and made my way over to Y/N's hut.

Y/N's POV:
I had just finished eating my dinner and was on my way to my hut. While I was making my way there, I see from the corner of my eye Newt, Minho and Gally talking and glancing over at me. I was pretty nervous when I saw them talking. Both Minho and Gally know about my massive crush on Newt.
Honestly, I was scared that if I say something, I would lose my best friend in case something went wrong and I didn't want that. I love Newt so much! I could never lose him!
Once I was in my hut, I shut the door and made my way to my attached bathroom. I brushed my teeth, took a shower and got changed into some clean pyjamas.
I come out of my bathroom and I was about to head to bed until I heard a knock at my door.

"Hey, Y/N? Can I come in please?" I could tell from the British accent that it was Newt.

"Yeah, sure. The door's unlocked." I replied.

Newt walked into my hut and closed the door behind him. I instantly felt butterflies in my stomach because of the nerves and I could tell that Newt was just as nervous as I was.

"What's up?"

"Oh um... I wanted to tell you something." Newt said anxiously. He made his way towards my bed and sat on it. I moved closer and sat next to him, hanging my legs off the edge.
He looked slightly worried, which made me worry because I was thinking that Minho and Gally probably told him about my huge crush!

"Newt, what's wrong?"

"Y/N?" He sighs and takes my hands in his and holds them firmly. "I have liked you for a really long time. And I still do! Like, ever since you came up in the box, I was never able to take my eyes off you; and every time we hang out, I always get butterflies; and every time you tease me, I never stop thinking about how much you make me happy; and every time I hear those bloody shanks ship us together, it makes me realise how much I love you!"

Third person POV:
Newt thought he messed up. He got so carried away with telling her everything that he told her he loves her. He quickly let go of Y/N's hands and looked down at his lap; cussing under his breath.

Y/N finally spoke up. "You- you love me?" She asked softly.

Newt didn't look at her but just nodded his head. Y/N wraps her arms around his neck and pulls him into a hug.

"I love you too Newt."

Newt pulled away confused. "You do?"

"Yes shank!" She giggles. "I always have. I just didn't wanna say anything because I didn't want to ruin our friendship."

Newt chuckles. "So... will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes... yes I will be your girlfriend!"

Y/N leans in and presses her lips against Newt's. He wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her closer and kisses back. She smiles into the kiss.
They both pull away, catching their breath and resting there foreheads on each other.

"Finally! Took you shanks long enough!" Minho shouts through the doorway.

Newt and Y/N quickly looked towards the door.

"Minho! What the shuck?! When did you get in here?" Newt yells.

"Oh you know... when you guys finally confessed your feelings to each other!" He says and walks back out.

Y/N rolls her eyes and laughs and so does Newt. They both give each other one quick kiss before heading to bed.