Imagine 12 (break down)

(sort of based on the first film)
~extremely long story~
It was the worst day in the Glade today. Minho and the new greenie, Thomas, had just come out the maze, carrying an unconscious Alby, who looked like he had been stung by a griever.

Minho called for the medjacks and they came over and carried Alby to the medhut. You look at Newt and see he's extremely upset. You understood why; Alby was his best friend! Newt would never get over losing him. Everyone saw that Newt was really upset as he storms off to his hut.

"Hey, what's up with lover boy?" Thomas asks.

You glare at him. "Oh, I don't know! Maybe it's because his best friend is stung, he might die, and now he has to be in charge of all you slintheads!" You shouted.

"Woah! Why are you getting mad at me?" Thomas put his hands up in defence.

You walk towards him angrily. "'CAUSE YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A SHUCKFACE AND YOU ALMOST GOT YOURSELF KILLED! THAT WOULD'VE PUT MORE PRESSURE ON NEWT THEN, WOULDN'T HAVE IT?!" You were about to slap him but Minho came in between you and Thomas. He put his hands on your shoulders and pushed you back.

"Hey, Y/N? Why don't you go check on Newt? Gally will probably sort something out with the greenie..." Minho says calmly.

You sigh. "Alright..."

"Meet us at council hall with Newt when you're done, okay?"

"Okay..." you hurry off to Newt's hut. Once you get there, you knock on his door.

"Shuck off!" You hear Newt say shakily.

You suddenly feel sympathy for Newt when you heard the hurt in his voice.

"Baby, it's me..." you say softly. "Please let me in?"

Once Newt heard your voice, he instantly got to the door and opened it.

"Sorry, love. I thought you were someone else." He moves back letting you in.

"No... it's okay." You walk in and close the door behind you.

You look at Newt and see that his dark brown eyes were now red and puffy, and his cheeks were tear-stained. You place you hand gently on his cheek and at that moment, Newt breaks down; he starts crying harder. He drops to his knees and hides his face in your stomach, his arms going around your legs. You run your fingers through his hair, shushing him.

"I don't want to this, Y/N." Newt sobs. "I can't do it!"

"What are you talking about?" You ask quietly.

"I can't- I don't want to do it... I just can't like like this again..." he mumbles, still crying.

You put your hands under his arms and gently pull him up so he's standing. You lead him towards his bed and you both sit down. Newt rests his head on your shoulder.

"Do you mean you feel like jumping again?" You ask shakily.

Newt doesn't say anything and just nods his head. You sigh.

"What makes you think that?"

Newt sighs and wipes his tears away. "Well... Alby's stung which means I have to be in charge now. And I can't control all fifty Gladers! Some don't listen, some make me mad... I just- I don't know..."

"But, baby... you've been in charge before."

"Yeah... but Alby was okay then, so I was able to go up to him whenever I needed help."

"You have me? They'll listen to me too..."

Newt shakes his head. "Yeah, but it's different with you, you know it is. If you end up being in charge, then some shuckfaces will start taking advantage of you."

You look down at your lap. "Yeah... I guess you're right."

"I'm sorry, love... I really am! I just- I can't do this anymore..." Newt puts his head in his hands, his elbows resting on his legs, crying again.

"Newt, why are you doing this? Hmm?" You pull his hands down from his head. "Why are you giving up?"

You take his big hands in your small ones and stroke his knuckles.

"Remember..." you whisper. "Remember when you told me about your limp? And I told you I'd be there for you whenever you felt like this?"

Newt nodded his head in agreement.

"What did you tell me after you said that you love me? What was the one promise you made?"

Newt looks down and murmurs. "That I'll never leave you..."

You put your fingers under his chin and lift his head, making him look at you. "What was that, darling?"

"I promised that I would never leave you." Newt says a bit louder.

"Exactly... and what are you telling me now?"

"That I'm going to leave you."

Tears start forming in your eyes. "Newt, I love you, okay? If I lost you, I- I don't know what I'd do with myself. Please, Newt... please promise me and actually promise me that you will never think like this again?"

Tears are now falling from your eyes. "I get that you're upset about everything. And I know I'm not much of a help either. But you have great friends around you that care about you as much as I do. Minho saved you... Gally already has almost everyone under control... Chuck sees you as an amazing big brother. How do you think they would feel?"

Newt runs his hand through his hair and hold your hand again.

"Think about Alby. He gave you that role as Second-In-Command because he sees you as a leader. He didn't give it to you just because of your limp and that you can't do much with it. He gave you that role because he knows you can do it and he trusts you." You take a deep breath. "I know you can do it... please baby?" You whisper.

Newt lets go of your hand and wipes his tears away. "You're right... you really are right. I'm being so selfish right now. I can't do this to them!" Newt looks at you and cups your face. "I promise you, my love... I promise everyone in this Glade... I will never ever leave, and I will never ever think about jumping again!"

"That's my boy..." you giggle.

Newt smiles and leans in, kissing your tears away on your cheek and wipes the remaining stains away with his thumb. He keeps one hand on your cheek and trails kisses on your other cheek to your ear.

"Don't cry, my love." He whispers in your ear. "Don't cry gorgeous." He kisses your ear. "I'm right here... I will always be here."

Newt pulls away for your ear and then leans back in to kiss your lips. You kiss back, your lips moving in sync. You move over and sit on Newt's lap, straddling his waist, not breaking the kiss. Your arms move around his neck and your fingers play with the ends of his hair. Newt's arms go around your waist, his hands rubbing up and down your back soothingly.

You pull away. "Come on... there's a meeting at council hall that Minho and Gally called, and you definitely have to be there." You say, getting off Newt's lap.

"Alright then..." he says, standing up.

You start to make your way to the door until Newt suddenly grabbed your waist pulling you back; you back against his chest. You felt his hot breath tickling your ear and neck. His arms wrapped around your chest and you held his arms.

"God, your adorable..." Newt whispers in your ear and kisses your temple and neck.

"Newt... we really have to go." You laugh. "You can give me as many kisses later." You turn around to face him and see him pouting. "Come on, baby." You peck his lips.

"I love you..." Newt says cheerfully.

"And I love you..." you stroke his cheek. "Now let's go!" You grab his hand and pull him out of his hut, walking towards the council hall.