Chapter 18 - Awakening

LOTS OF NARRY FOR MY SHIPPER SWAGGIES.

-HARRY-

I awake in the middle of the night, tear soaked and upset. My hand forces its way into my knotted bedhead and I wince at the tangles.

Knowing there is no hope of me falling back asleep, I stagger out of bed and stand blank faced in my bedroom. A single tear that was still condensating in my eye before I fell asleep drips down my cheek and I wipe it away harshly with the back of my hand.

No more crying. I am sick of the blubbering, Niall hardy ever seems to cry and here I am crying constantly.

No more tears fall but the lump in the back of my throat remains, throbbing and relentless as I stand silently in my dark bedroom. My adams apple wobbles slightly and I stiffen, clenching my hands at my sides.

I will not cry.

I am the master of my tear ducts.

Crying is for the weak.

Nevertheless, wetness begins to prickle at the edges of my eyes as I stare out of my windows. A sob is creeping up my throat and there is nothing I can do about it.

I need to be with Niall.

I just adore Niall. I want him to like me but I can't even protect him right. He deserves better. Hell he'd probably be better off with LOU than me, i'm an accident waiting to happen.

Suddenly a light catches my eyes. I glare out the window and drag my vision to the light, slightly blurry from my unreleased tears. The light from the window shines brightly in the dark night and until I see the person inside do I realize whose window it is.

Niall.

He stands at the light switch, wavering as he stares around. His eyes have dark bruises around them and his shirtless torso is covered in marks. I gasp, raising a hand to my mouth at his tripping figure.

He grips his door tightly, using it to keep him up. He takes a step and staggers once, twice. I have my face pressed to the window as I watch him.

One step.

He falls straight over, face first. I press my hands against the window.

1..

2..

3..

4..

5...

He isn't getting up. Another 10 seconds pass and I begin to panic. What it he hit his head and is bleeding?

I push against my window but it refuses to move, the hinges not used to swinging after so long.

He could be seriously hurt.

I push harder and the window squeaks a bit under the pressure but doesn't budge.

He could have to go to hospital.

I slam my hands against the window pane. It moves slightly. I grunt.

He could die.

I throw myself at the window, slamming my hands over and over again at the pane. I start to sob tearlessly, my hands beginning to sting. With a final attack I shove it and it swings open. A loud woop comes out of my mouth and I muffle it with my hands.

The tepid night breeze washes over my cheeks and tousles my curls around.

Now to get to Niall.

Nervously, I grip the windowsill and hoist myself up into a sitting position.

"I'm coming Niall." I say, letting my voice drift in the wind.