Chapter 8 - Changes

A/N - Hey everyone! I don't mind whether you do this or not but could you readers please fan me? :) love you all! DEDICATED TO UNIVERSALREADER CAUSE THEY'RE AWESOME AND THEY MADE ME FEEL SPECIAL.

"Merp.. It;s perfect :O Update please xxx haha I'm going to read all of your work because it's freaking perfect" IS WHAT THEY SAID :)

NIALL'S P.O.V

Friday passed like a breeze, Harry wasn't at school all day due to his sickbay visit yesterday. 

The school was filled with gossip, how he supposedly was shouting Mariah instead of Niall, how he will probably get suspended for falling asleep in class, or the occasional 'I hope he is okay!'

No one had spoken about the fact that he had said my name, they all believed the Maria rumor, and that is how I want it to stay. The weekend passed all too quickly and now here I am standing at the school gates wondering if Harry will take pity on me. What if he does take pity on me for once? What if since the sick bay fiasco he has decided to be nice to me!

I feel my heart swelling with stupid hope that he will not hurt me, my bruises had only just faded away, and my mouth twitches into a small grin. ‘What ifs’ fill my head as I meander through the school gates somewhat confidently.

After form I am practically buzzing with the anticipation of what will go down in my next math lesson which happens to be up next.

What if he leaves me alone and we just leave it at that? I hate him and he hates me and we just leave it at that?

That would be great, but life doesn't happen like in the fairytale stories that mum and dad would read to you as a child. Life is rather cruel to be frank.

My eyes widen as I spot Harry standing in the doorway of the classroom looking jumpy and certainly not eager. As he remains with his back to me I feel the familiar hate streaming through me but I ignore it, I do not need a punch up right now.

"Hey Harry?" I tap him on the shoulder of his Ramones t-shirt and he spins around so quickly it shocks me. 

What shocks me even more is that when he spins around how close we are, our noses almost touching.

Our noses brush as I stand there in shock, his face reflecting my own in one simple word...horror.

His nose comes into contact with mine for barely a millisecond and I feel something sharp and tingly shoot through me. Like a lightning bolt, but it’s oddly appealing. Wait...did he zap me or what?

Bloody hell! He freaking zapped me?! What mature person zaps another person, besides 3 year olds playing on a trampoline?

I pull away, feeling a bit annoyed and flustered at what happened, putting on a neutral face.

"Sorry about that, I was just wondering about what happened the other day?" I gingerly ask him, my tone slightly warm.

Harry's face hardens at my words.

"What about the other day? And get away from me you...fag." 

With that he gives me a single disgusted glance and kicks me hard in the ankle before walking into the classroom, ignoring the tears of pain and anger welling up in my eyes.

Why can't that smartass jerk just be nice for once! All feelings of hope drop and are replaced by anger.

The week passes by like that, I walk to school dreading what might happen next but as the week goes on it gets worse. By the time the next weekend comes my stomach had been beaten black and blue, and I have a black eye which I had to claim was on behalf of me running into a pole.