Chapter 28 - Truly, Madly, Deeply.

-NIALL-

I crack my eyes open tiredly - staying up waiting for a text back was not a smart idea. My head is spinning and I can barely open my eyes. The light is burning even as I have my eyes shut so I decide to cease the light.

I stagger out of bed and before I even take 3 steps I trip on a schoolbook laying astray on the floor, sending my phone and I sprawling.

"Ughhhh." I groan into the hardwood floor painfully, my arms splayed out on the cold ground.

I drag my body over to the small plastic rectangle on the floor and cuss loudly when I feel the thin crack in it's screen. Stupid phone. I clutch it tightly and sit up, gingerly rubbing the throbbing region of my forehead. As I rub my face I flip the phone over and freeze as I notice the message notification on my lockscreen. The light shines over my face lightly and a tingle shoots down my spine at the contact name.

"Harry..." I murmur, sliding my finger over the lock nervously. I unlock it and with one shaky breath read Harry's message.

'Hi Niall,' He never says hi, always hey or yo. Am I being paranoid? Yes, yes I am. Anyway, back to the text. 'I'm not sure how to feel about this. Would you mind just not speaking to me for a while? I just don't know what to say to you. Yeah...'

I drop the phone. I don't feel hurt, or sad, or shocked or anything like that. I feel angry. So, so angry.

What did I do? I've done absolutely nothing to Harry and he can't even tell me why he's mad at me? He can't even be bothered to walk over and say it to my face! A growl of frustration escapes my lips and I decide I am going to deal with this now.

Shirtless and only in pajamas, I stomp out of the room. My feet thud as I stomp down the stairs and my mother looks up from her place in the kitchen and smiles.

"'Niall, what are you-"

"I'll be back later, bye." I call, interrupting her.

"But Zayn's still here-"

"I don't care!" I holler back, slamming the door behind me harshly.

I take a deep beath but it doesn't subside the current anger washing through me like a tsunami. How dare he?! How dare he just dismiss me. I don't  bother to fix my probably appaulingly messy hair as I storm over to Harry's house, at midday.

Yes, I woke up at 11:50 in the morning. My fist connects with the door three times and with each second that passes my anger flares up even more. Suddenly, just as I am about to break the thick chunk of wood between Harry and I, the door swings open to bright eyes and a smile.

"Why hello Niall! I was just about to pop out with your mother, so it's great you've come. Keep Harry company, won't you? He's so lonely." Anne chimes cheerily as ever and I have to watch her mouth just to keep up with her fast speaking.

"Umm, actually-"

"Toodles!" She hollers as she skips out of the front door merrily as a schoolgirl, and waves goodbye to me. I sigh, frustratedly.

No one ever stops to hear me out. No one. Not even my boyfriend. Speaking of my boyfriend, back to killing him. I spin on my heel and dash up the stairs to Harry's room where yet another door blocks me from him. I knock on it loudly, not caring if I startle him. 

"Go away Mum." He groans from inside, obviously tired. Instead of 'going away', I shove the door open rather brashly, revealing myself to a shocked curly headed angel. An angel who I am extemely mad at right now. His emerald eyes widen and he bites his lip, moving away from me. My chest heaves up and down and I march over to him, fuming.