Chapter 23 - Movies

Short but I had writers block. :( Sorry! As forgiveness watch the random Narry Storan video I found on youtube I put in the side. ;) 

-NIALL-

"Hey Niall?" Harry asks, one arm lazily draped over my shoulder as we watch our second movie of the night; Mean Girls. I, personally, have never seen it before but according to Harry it is 'the best thing since sliced bread.'
He's so old fashioned, I swear.

"Mmhf?" I mumble through chips. Harry chuckles and ruffles my hair playfully, which I cringe away from.

"When did you start liking me? You already know I like you."

I think, even rubbing my chin for extra effect. Haz' deep laugh resounds and he pushes my chest like the cheeky kid he is.

"Well," I begin with emphasis, "I believe I began liking you two weeks ago."

Harry smirked and gestured for me to go on, snuggling closer to me under the blanket draped over us.

"Well, if you are wondering why I like you it is because you take care of me. You stand up for me, hug me, and even though you are a tad moody it is pretty..um...hot." I blush and nuzzle my head into Harry's neck embarrassedly. I can feel his skin heat up under my own and I giggle sheepishly. 

'So Harry why do you like-" Harry's hand slaps over my mouth as his head turns to the flashing of the movie on the TV. His whole face goes blank as he recites a part of the movie word for word.

"She's so pathetic. Let me tell you something about Janis Ian. We were best friends in middle school. I know, right? It's so embarrassing. I don't even... Whatever. So then in eighth grade, I started going out with my first boyfriend Kyle who was totally gorgeous but then he moved to Indiana, and Janis was like, weirdly jealous of him. Like, if I would blow her off to hang out with Kyle, she'd be like, 'Why didn't you call me back?' And I'd be like, 'Why are you so obsessed with me?' So then, for my birthday party, which was an all-girls pool party, I was like, 'Janis, I can't invite you, because I think you're lesbian.' I mean I couldn't have a lesbian at my party. There were gonna be girls there in their *bathing suits*. I mean, right? She was a LESBIAN. So then her mom called my mom and started yelling at her, it was so retarded. And then she dropped out of school because no one would talk to her, and she came back in the fall for high school, all of her hair was cut off and she was totally weird, and now I guess she's on crack."  

My mouth drops open as he finishes, out of breath but grinning like an idiot. I let out a long loud laugh and allow laugh-tears to run down my cheeks as he smiles in pride. Lindsay Lohan's character listens to the blonde girl who I recognized instantly from The Notebook on the large television as I laugh.

Once Harry regains his breath he lets out a low chuckle and wraps his long arms around me happily.

"I'm glad we have both told eachother about our feelings." His curls dip lazily over his forehead as he simpers at me, dimples on show. 

"I'm glad you called my mum before to tell her I was staying the night or else the police would have been called by now." I tease, punching his arm gently and leaning into his side.

Harry giggles - yes giggles- giddily and checks his watch sleepily.

"Speaking of staying the night what time do you reckon we should go to bed, it's a Saturday so I don't care." He smiles down at me and I blush profusely as I feel two lips pressing to the top of my head, sending butterflies all through my stomach.

"I don't care. Let's watch the end of the movie before we decide, 'kay?" 

The gorgeous curly haired boy beside me nods and settles down again under the blanket, adjusting his beanie. Since I lost mine earlier today I don't have one and Harry leant me some of his pajamas - a.k.a boxers and a too large shirt - I look nothing like myself.

Harry and I drift from the movie and soon start up a conversation about how seedy Sloths are when suddenly Harry freezes up again, giving the TV a blank look again.

"If only you knew how mean she really is... You'd know that I'm not allowed to wear hoop earrings, right? Yeah! Two years ago she told me hoops earrings were her thing and I wasn't allowed to wear them anymore. And then for Hannakuh my parents got this pair of really expensive white gold hoops and I had to pretend like I didn't even like them and... it was so sad. And you know she cheats on Aaron? Yes, every Thursday he thinks she's doing SAT prep but really she's hooking up with Shane Oman in the projection room above the auditorium! I never told anybody that because I am such a good friend!" He shouts at the TV perfectly acting and even breaks down in fake (well I hope they're fake) tears.

I pat his back as he wipes the tears away.

"That was some really good acting Harold." I say as I rub his back soothingly. He perks up a bit and sits up. 

"You know i'm not actually crying right? I just wanted you to feel bad for me and give me a kiss..." He pouts unhappily as he stares at me from under thick eyelashes. 

"I can fix that." I lean forward and plant my lips on his in a sweet kiss. I move so that I am laying atop him lazily as we kiss softly, my arms draped around his neck gently. There is no tongue or moaning as we kiss, just sparks and the sound of our hearts pounding. 

When I finally pull away the movie is up to the Prom scene and I set my head down on Harry's chest tiredly. My eyes droop as I watch the remainder of the movie. By the time the credits roll, though, I realize that Harry is snoring and that I will have to get him to bed somehow. 

I silently remove myself from him and stand beside the couch; staring down upon his sleeping face. All of the muscles in his face are relaxed in the pale moonlight and for a second I am glad that Anne is out for the night because if she came in and caught me staring at her sleeping son she would have probably been weirded out. His full lips are pursed as he sleeps, soft snores rolling from deep within his chest. He looks beautiful in the light.

I sigh and tuck my arms under Harry's torso, his head lolling back as I hoist him up from the couch with much effort. Harry may be skinny as a twig; but he weighs a ton! I manage to lug the sleeping boy up the stairs and into his room; but not before collapsing on the stairs twice...and still not waking Harry.

Only, when I finally set down Harry on the bed and lay beside him he cracks one eye open and chortles quietly, but not so quietly that I do not hear.

"Did you seriously just fake sleep so I would carry you upstairs?" I groan, shoving my face into his bare chest.

He laughs, "No, I was asleep...until you dropped me on the stairs." 

I press a weak kiss to his cheek and whisper, "Sorry Haz, I like you if that helps?" 

He wraps one arm around my waist and tugs me closer to him, the moonlight igniting his green eyes. 

"I like you too Ni, we've already discussed this. What are we going to tell your parents though? Do they know you like me?" His eyebrow raises skeptically.

"No...But my mother isn't one to judge. Does yours?" 

"Yes, my mum has known for ages now. Well we have that sorted then." He sighs peacefully and shuts his eyes."Night."

I lie back as well but just before sleep captures us both in it's snare I mutter, "Hey, can we go play in the snow tomorrow Harry?" 

"Yes, Niall. Now go to sleep."

And with a smile, I did just that. Fell asleep in the arms of my...well i'm not quite sure what we are yet. But I hope we will be something, soon. I will just have to wait for now.

 OKAY GUYS SORRY FOR THE SHORTNESS BUT 40 VOTES AND Can everyone comment (20) some good upcoming character names? :) Two girls and one guy. Love you all!