Chapter 19 - Cold

Short chapter for a reason babes :)

-HARRY-

I stumble to school alone one week later; Niall's mum has to drop him off because of his injuries, his legs are badly bruised. My earphones are plugged in and music blasts into my ears. I recognize the tune and hum along to it.

'No Friends' by San Cisco. Of course. The lyrics fit my life right now.

'You've got no friends to call you're own.

No one ever calls your telephone.

You sit at home all day alone.'

Niall isn't big on calling or texting people so my Message bank is practically dead. Except for my daily text from Louis.

Once a day at 9AM-ish Louis sends me a simple 'i'm sorry.' He has been doing it for. a week now and I still haven't answered him. He left me and I found Niall. I replaced him, he replaced me. I can't focus on him right now, I need to find out who beat up Niall.

I doubt Louis would do it, not with me already being this mad at him. If he did...I don't know what i'd do to that boy.

The bland school bitchemen scrapes my converse as I trudge into the school grounds, avoiding the stares of everyone. I am unsafe now, without Niall. We always feel safer when we have eachother, like two cows bunching up when something dangerous is near. But when you are on your own, there is always the possibility you have your back turned from something. Something that will creep up from behind you and grab you, dragging you down kicking and screaming into the darkness until no one can hear you anymore. A shiver tingles down my spine at the thought.

People mutter incoherent insults to their friends aimed at me and laugh loudly. I keep my head down and sniffle to myself. How did I so easily revert from 'A sex God' to 'That Weirdo'? It's so unnatural for me.

I need to find Niall. He is my safe haven. My heart thumps louder at the mere thought of him and I scurry on past the idiots laughing at me, in search for my friend.

The school seems gigantic and looming as I meander through it looking for Niall Horan.

As I search one of the homeroom hallways for him I hear another person shuffling down the previously empty hallway.

I spin around and glare. Louis is shuffling down the hall blank faced, eyes staring off into nothing. I increase the intensity of my glare angrily but he doesn't even notice, just mumbles something and continues on past. I mutter 'weird' under my breath as he shuffles off down the hall and keep searching for Niall.

The school seems to have everyone but Niall here and there are only a few minutes until class left and I am freaking out. My converse squeak against the Gymnasium floor as I scan it and I sigh loudly. Its as if Niall has fallen off the face of the Earth.

Then I notice in my peripheral vision that the Gym's back door is slightly ajar; swinging gently open and shut due to the gentle wind outside. The snow is predicted to start to fall in a day or two so the wind has started to pick up.

I grip the door when I reach it and gently pull it fully open to see a view of the carpark about 50 metres away.

I grumble and go to swing the door shut when I hear a...whimper?

My hand swings the door back open and I step out, looking to the left and searching for te source of the noise. A scuffle comes from my right and my head snaps in the right direction.

Immediately I gasp.

-NIALL-

Mum parks the car and shivers as the heating switches off.