Fighting the Vagabond

A/N: Hello everyone and welcome back to another chapter of RWBY: The Duelist Experience! In the previous chapter, Konami had told the group about the darker side of Duel Monster in the form of his lost friends, Zarc and Ray, as well as about the Dimensional War. In order to cheer Ruby up, Konami challenges her to a Duel, and in a surprise turn of events, he ends up challenging the whole team in a Battle Royal. Needless to say, they didn't stand a chance.

I apologize for the wait but college work always seems to mess with my writing mood. It's hard to get inspired to write story when your too busy remembering and understanding lesson from lecture for test and essay. Ughh, my head already hurt from just thinking about it.

But enough about that, here is the next chapter of the story, or the first part of it actually. Originally I was going to made this just one chapter but it was getting too long, like last chapter long. While I don't mind writting a long chapter, I don't think some of you would like reading a chapter that is 50k words long.

So I decided to just split it into two chapter and it works much better. Heads up, this chapter won't be having any Duel in it. That will be in the next chapter that I am writting as we speak.

I figured I should post this one first, don't worry the next chapter is coming closely after this. A little bit of Action before the Duel.

Now without further ado, let's get on with the story!

Disclaimer: I don't own RWBY or Yu-gi-oh, they belong to Rooster teeth and Konami respectively.

XXXXXXXXXX

The field began to return to normal as the Duel had ended, the blue flame surrounding the land has returned back into the familiar sight of the green grassy field that they have all been standing on for quite some time now. The only thing that still remains from the field is Tierra herself still in her original form and the damage she had done with her attack, which left a large blast crater on the ground.

Team JNPR all didn't notice the change of their surroundings, well they did but their mind was too occupied with the Duel they had just seen to actually care about the change. They had just watched Konami single-handedly beat all four members of team RWBY in a Duel, and it was even within a single turn no less!

'He's at a whole different level then ours.' Was the collective thought of every member of team JNPR as they made a mental note to not underestimate Konami when they Duel him. Apparently the red hat was being humble when he said that he was just a good Duelist.

"Damn, the kid beat the four of them at the same turn." Qrow commented. "I may be new to this game, but I'm pretty sure that's not something you see everyday."

"That's the second time you said that. And this also is the second time that I have to agree with you." Winter said as she was still in a state of shock that the red hat wearing Duelist managed to beat her sister and her team so easily.

"Wow, that's the second time we agree with each other. That's gotta be a new record for us." Qrow said as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder while having a teasing grin on his face. "I think this game is bringing us close together, what do you think about that, Ice Queen?"

"Get your hands off of me, you drunk!" Winter screamed at him as she thrust her elbow to his abdomen hard, effectively making him pull his hand away from her and doubling over slightly in pain while holding his stomach.

"Heh, still had that cold hearted attitude of yours. Guess some things will never change." Qrow chuckled a bit hoarsely from the hard jab to his abdomen. The Schnee specialist let out a huff while trying to hide the small blush that had appeared on her face when she felt his arm around her.