Chapter 26

Oliver's P.O.V. (Surprise!)

I knew the secret ways to get into the campus, however I was unaware that they had now set up alarms. I had seen the police cars, and I wasn't worried, I knew where she would be, and I knew she wouldn't be alone. Yet, it didn't make me nervous, or deter me from trying to find her. She was always on my mind while I was in prison, I just wanted to see her, know how she was doing. Does that sound a bit cliche?

Stealthily I moved around the campus, it hadn't changed since I left, of course it didn't Iris didn't like change. I knew where camera's were to not be seen by anyone in the office. It had been to long since I at least heard her voice, I just wanted to see her. I pulled out my burner phone and dialed her all to familiar number, waiting to hear her voice.

"Hello?" She answered shakily.

My heart ached, I knew why she sounded like that, I felt bad, "Agree to see me one time, and I will leave you alone. You can bring one other person, no cops and no Johnson's. Then I will leave."

There were plenty of protests on the other line but she silenced them finally answering me, "playground, fifteen minutes."

I smiled before hanging up continuing to creep around the camera's so that no one can pin point where I am on the property. I watched her leave the building and head for the park, with that brat Kyle, I rolled my eyes yet he didn't wear a normal little uniform. He changed in that amount of time? Wow, boy really did grow a lot.

I approached them, Kyle staring me down with the most intense glare he had, he did look kinda like a daddy. Xea averted her eyes as much as she could, she was nervous, I could understand. So I knelt in front of her and gave a gentle smile.

"Hey little one."

She waved, not saying anything to me, which was okay.

"I wanted to see you to hear your voice, but I also wanted to tell you that I was sorry. I hurt you really bad and I know it doesn't mean much but I promise not to ever do anything like that again, to anyone. File the restraining order, and I will abide by it, Deal?"

She finally looked up at me, "thank you for the apology and I will file it, I am afraid of you, that's no lie. I just hope one day, you can have someone that loves you as much as the others love me. Goodbye Oliver."

With that she left with Kyle, back to the building and I walked off of the campus, I said my peace, I can rest now knowing that she will feel safer.

Xea's P.O.V.

Kyle and I walked back into the building and I was engulfed by questions from officer's as well as V, Fray, and Iris. I groaned audibly and hid into Kyle softly.

"All he did was talk to her, said he was sorry and that he would abide by a restraining order if she filed one. She said she would and she hopes he finds someone that ends up loving him the way we love her" Kyle explained knowing that I didn't have the energy.

After his explanation he excused us and picked me up before carrying me to our dorm room. I had regressed a bit while we were there, Oliver truly made me nervous because of everything he did, and I didn't forgive him. However, letting him say his peace and walking away with no intention of causing anymore problems lifted a weight off my shoulders. I began to cry, not really because I was sad, but I felt so relieved that it was all finally over with him, that now I could officially put it all behind me.

~~

I got worried phone calls from friends and family that night and had Kyle explain it all in a mass text, I was to far in little space to even process. He and I played and watched movies and even invited Fray and V over for dinner. They were confused as to how I was so okay with what had just happened, but they didn't say anything about it. 

Going to bed was where I had a hard time, Kyle got me dressed and cleaned up but I didn't want to sleep in my crib tonight.

"Dada!" I protested crossing my arms.

He sighed, "princess remember, no more co-sleeping."

I pouted and fussed at him, "peeeeaaaassssse dada!!"

Groaning he pulled me out of my crib and sat me on his bed, "you are way to spoiled you know that right?"

I grinned and snuggled into his pillow comfortably, "tank yew."

Chuckling, he got ready for bed himself and climbed in with me, "I love you princess. Are you sure you're okay?"

I shrugged, "I feew otay...I no feew sad, scawed, owr anxieous about anyting. I feews, wight."

He stared into my eyes, "you feel light?"

Nodding turned to look at him, "wike, I no has to worry dat I gon get huwrts again."

Kissing my forehead he smiled, "okay princess, dada is going to make sure of that. Right now, it's bed time, so sleepy night night."

Giggling I kissed his cheek, "seepy ni ni dada."

With that, Kyle and I fell asleep cuddled into each other, nice and calm.