Chapter 2

Fray's P.O.V.

To say that Kyle was excited about Friday was an understatement, though when he realized he would have to wait a week, the tantrum started. Vanessa was excited as well, she wanted to work harder at a relationship with Xea.

"Babe, don't forget we have parent tours tomorrow" Vanessa told me as I graded papers.

"Shit, I forgot all about that" I groaned, "I have a free day planned with the littles."

She chuckled and came over to me rubbing at my shoulders, "well I'm sure that won't be too bad, as long as you can keep them under control."

I raised an eyebrow, "are you doubting me, Ms. Johnson?"

I turned in my chair to look at her and seeing that quirky grin on her face made me smile, "doubting? No, challenging yes."

"Ohho really?"

She laughed and our game of taunting ended. I stayed up to finish the papers I was grading. Soon I received a text, it was Xea.

Xea: I hope I'm not bothering you, just wanted to say I can't wait until Friday.

The chuckled that left my chest was low but I enjoyed the thought. I sent her a thoughtful text back remembering when we used to text constantly, back when we first met. It hurt to remember those times, she just meant so much to me and I was so sad when she had left.

~~

Wednesday

"Nooooooo, I wan dat one!!!!" Kyle complained at me as we were shopping.

I have him a look causing him to shrink back, "just because we will be seeing Xea soon does not mean you can act out mister, am I understood?"

He crossed his arms and mumbled a small yes sir, I sighed rolling my eyes and continuing our shopping. Kyle kept trying to act out and be bratty because he wanted to see Xea sooner. Vanessa and I were all but fed up with it, he had been so well behaved before.

Getting home Vanessa was with mom planning a fundraiser, Kyle's dad only donated half of what he normally did now that Kyle was graduated. Though the school was still doing well in finances Iris just wanted to redo the playground. Kyle helped bring in groceries and put them away, earning him a gold star on his chore broad.

~~

Friday

Today was the day we all get to see Xea, Kyle is bouncing around and almost refused to go to day care while Vanessa and I worked. The day seemed to just fly by and before I knew it, we were headed to dinner.

Kyle was blabbing on and on in the backseat in baby talk, it made me chuckle. I remember when Xea did that, it was so cute.

Pulling into the restaurant it seemed very slow for a Friday night, but I feel like Xea picked this place for a reason. Kyle was so inpatient when it came to getting out of the car.

"Out! Out!!!" He continued to whine.

Vanessa turned in her seat and popped his leg, "you better behave mister, I understand you are excited but you know the rules."

Then my eyes landed on her, she was wearing a blue sun dress and a pair of heels. Her curly red hair was pinned out of her face and she had put makeup on. She was beautiful, she was definitely a woman tonight.

We excited the car and as soon as she saw us he gave lit up. "You made it!" She stated with so much enthusiasm and excitement. Engulfing me in a hug she seemed to be more at ease, then Kyle got a long hug, and finally, Xea turned to Vanessa. Both women were nervous, just sort of standing there, staring at each other. Almost like they were having a conversation via telepathy. Then, they hugged, a very passionate one I have to add.

When we entered I was more than a bit impressed. Xea went right to the podium stated she had a reservation and the person knew her by name.

"I come here often, helps to get me back into big crowds." She explained.

We all followed the worker and were sat at a booth, Xea requested to sit with Vanessa. It was cute when Xea got in first and patted the seat next to her for Vanessa to join. We were all silent for a moment, until a waiter came by to take orders, and hand Xea a glass of water.

"Thanks Damien, and I'll have my usual please" Xea commented to the boy sweetly.

"You got it girl, and for the rest of you?" The boy sounded very feminine, this made me smile.

Xea always connected with the LGBTQ community and I loved that about her. After everything was order we were silent again, unsure of how to start the conversation. It wasn't until our food came that Kyle initiated conversation.

"You look gorgeous" he commented.

Xea smiled, "thank you, you look so handsome with your hair grown out more."

He blushed, "V wants me to cut it."

"No, I said if you don't take care of it I'm getting it cut" Vanessa interjected.

We all let out a chuckle, "you don't brush it? "

Kyle whined, "to much work."

"Then we'll get it cut and you won't have to worry about it" Vanessa started again.

This made us bust into laughter, even Kyle laughed.

Though V got very serious all of a sudden and stared at her food. She wanted to talked about what happened.

"Xea" I inquired of her. When she looked at me I nodded my head toward Vanessa who was still not paying attention.

Xea placed a hand on Vanessa's shoulder, bringing the older woman out of her thoughts.

"When I left, I felt like everything bad happening in your lives was because of me. Then, when that man did what he did to Kyle in front of the whole class I blamed myself even more. I knew if I didn't work on myself then I would have continued to make things worse. I hated that I had to leave to do that, but it made things easier to get through. I know right now it doesn't make sense, but in time it will" Xea explained.

It caused tears in both Vanessa and Kyle's eyes, I was understanding it a lot more now too. She was so strong, and it was showing through how she chose to repair herself.