Chapter 4

Fray's P.O.V

"Why are you needing me to watch him again? " i asked Vanessa as she got dressed.

"I'm going out, alone, I just need you to watch our little boy for a couple of hours" she said.

I raised an eyebrow at her, "since when does everyone keep secrets? First Kyle now you?"

She returned my eyebrow raise, "says the one who tried to keep Xea a secret."

"No I told you right away, is that what this is about? Secret meetings with Xea?"

She shrugged remaining neutral, as a dominant she was hard to read. Then Kyle came into our room.

"Mommy leaving?" He asked.

She smiled at him, "mommys gotta run a few errands okay? Can you be good for daddy?"

He nodded and came to sit on my lap, "hes always good for daddy, aren't you baby boy?"

He smiled and nodded cuddling into me, "time wif daddy fun."

"Oh and time with mommy isn't?"

"Well..." Kyle trailed off before giggling.

"You turn into super strict mommy sometimes it becomes no fun."

She rolled her eyes at him before kissing his head and my cheek then leaving. All I did was lay back down and turn the TV on for him to watch.

~~

Vanessa's P.O.V

I met her at a restaurant feeling really nervous, she seemed excited to see me though. She was dressed super cute too, she chose a small restaurant and a corner of it that was away from people.

"How was your visit with Kyle?" I found myself asking.

She giggled, "can't keep anything from you cause you always know." She laughed again, "it was nice, no feeling of obligation to be more than just, there."

I smiled at her, "he told me about your one on one plan. I think its nice, wanting to talk to all of us."

She looked down, "more of a need. I mean I didn't leave because I didn't want you guys. I left because I had to work on my problems. I take 3 medications daily, I see a therapist three times a week. I've gotten better, I needed to come back, all of you are my everything."

She always knew when to tug at heart strings, I smiled at her though. "I'm glad you're moving forward, do you think you'll be going back to Domly?"

Why did I just say that? Now she looks like she's going to cry, fuck.

Then she smiled, "Iris called my brother telling him I could return whenever I wanted. I've been thinking about it, but I'm not sure how it would work you know?"

"If you want I can explain it, some rules have changed since I started working with my mom."

She nodded focusing her full attention on me.

"Well, you could be considered what I call an independent little. Basically when you're re-registered, we will mark that you won't be partnered with anyone from the school. Though this does mean when you break school rules you'll be sent to me. In your case if we proceed since Fray was originally your dominant we could reinstate that contract even if he's a teacher now. Though that it up to you, of course."

"Wow, that's a lot, hehe, do you like working with Iris?"

"Well sometimes, she's my mom we have our moments."

She giggled again and a waiter came to our table making her tense.

"Hello ladies my name is Christopher what can I get for you today? "

"Um where's Lydia? The girl who normally waits these tables" Xea asked before we could order food.

"She's assisting other customers and you two had been-"

"But She's here?"

"Well yes but-"

"I'd like to order from Lydia please."

"But I'm-"

"She said walk away, so walk away" i demanded holding Xea's hand to calm her down.

He huffed and left, "are you okay?"

She nodded slowly, "he looks like Oliver..."

I looked back at the boy and sure enough he almost liked exactly like Oliver just a bit younger.

"You said his name? " i looked at her shocked once it had sunk in that she had said that.

She shrugged, "it gets easier to say, but the memories are still there."

I nodded rubbing my thumb over her hand, finally noticing she hadn't pulled away. The rest of lunch was nice just talking and rebuilding.

When we were done though I hadn't noticed how late it was, "do you need a ride home?" I questioned her.

"Um, I might, Dean i think its asleep" She said looking at her phone.

"I can take you" i said leading her to my jeep.

I didn't let her in the back seat like usual but I did open her door for her. She climbed in and settled before buckling her seat belt. I climbed in and did the same.

"Where to?"

She pointed the way and I couldnt help but smile that I'd finally gotten to spend some time with her. She seemed to be so open now after these two years. I pulled up to some apartments and she smiled.

"Well here we are, this is me" she said almost sheepishly.

I smiled and took her hand in mine, "i had a lot of fun today."

She smiled brightly, "me too, we have to do it again."

I nodded, "I'd like that."

She stared at me, her eyes never lost that love that filled them when she looked at us. I knew she still loved us, she just needed some time away from all of the chaos that had happened. I reached up and cupped her face, feeling the soft skin. She nuzzled my hand and I leaned forward to kiss her forehead. Only to come in contact with her lips instead. They were plump and soft and tasted like her cherry chapstick.

Then, there was a knock on her window, causing us to part and me to let go of her. It was her brother. I unlocked the car door and he opened it to glare at the both of us.

"You said 5 o'clock Xea May, it's 8" her brother told her pointing toward the apartments.

"Im sorry my fault, we got caught up talking" i said.

"Im glad everything is going good between the four of you, but Xea does have rules here too. Shes been good at following them until now, so please next time, text me so I don't worry" he told me.

"Sorry Dean."

"Drive safe Vanessa, you can see her again soon."

I nodded before leaving and waving a goodbye to Xea. The drive home was long and I was tired, but when I got home-

"Seriously? You couldn't have at least waited until V got back?" Fray complained.

"I wasn't feeling little Jesus Fray I told you that" Kyle stated annoyed.

"What I miss?" I commented causing them to look at me.

"Kyle decided he wanted to be dominant when we were making out without telling me" Fray complained.

"I told him I wasn't feeling and he decided to throw a fit when I pinned him down and sucked on his sweet spot" Kyle defended.

I couldnt help but chuckle at the two, "you sound like the worst switch couple ever. Come on guys talk it out, so what is Kyle wanted to be dominant, cant you do that without me here?"

Fray mumbled like a child and Kyle stood almost triumphantly at my words. I rolled my eyes and continued into the house, just wanting to sleep.