Chapter 7

"So how are things going back at Domly?" Cristina, my therapist, asked.

"Well things are progressing, I can actually pay attention now in class" i told her.

She smiled, "that's good, and what about your partners, how is the mending going?"

My face fell only slightly, I missed them already, "its going really well surprisingly, we've been able to spend a lot more time together."

"That's wonderful, and the regression?"

"I can get to 4 now, but any smaller and I feel trapped in my thoughts."

"Because of Oliver?"

I shrugged, "I don't really know, it might be, but it could still be my insecurities about the others."

She nodded, "are you afraid of something?"

Again, I looked down, yes i was afraid, I was afraid I might screw up again and ruin everything.

"Xea, I can't help if you shut me out again" Cristina chimed into my thoughts.

I blinked and looked at her, "sorry, i just, i don't know, im afraid of screwing everything up again."

"Everyone makes mistakes Xea, we can't hold them against ourselves. You can do anything you set your mind too, you just need to try."

~~

After my therapy I had to go back to school, which felt weird, but I enjoyed the time spent. I've been back for two weeks now, I live in my dorm but go home for dinner with my partners. Fray loves having dinner with the whole family again. Kyle's been crabby though, i think he needs to get laid.

I walked into the office and the receptionist motioned to Vanessa's office. I went in and she was typing away at her computer before she looked at me.

"Hey princess, how was therapy?" She asked sweetly coming over and giving me a hug.

"Long, note for class mommy?" I asked her.

"Why don't I walk with you? How does that sound?"

I smiled and nodded taking her hand as she lead me out of the office.

"Whats for dinner tonight mommy?" I inquired.

"Take out no one wanted to cook today so we are ordering pizza" she told me.

"Ooo with pepperoni?"

She chuckled and nodded, "yes pretty girl."

She knocked on my classroom door and daddy answered it.

"Well hello Xea, come on in, thank you Ms Johnson for ensuring she made it."

Daddy winked at mommy before she left and he ushered me inside. I went to my seat and started to pay attention to what daddy was saying.

"Hey, I'm Ronny, you're Xea right?" The boy that sat next to me asked.

"Uh, yes dats my name" I answered him.

"So how come you're always with Ms Johnson and our teacher? Is independent really that bad?"

I scoffed at his implications, that I was a brat. I tried to ignore him, but he was persistent in getting to know the answers.

"Please, im trying to pay attention to class" i told him rudely.

"Dang you are mean, no wonder-"

"Mr. Daniels what is so important that you have to interrupt my class for?" Fray inquired of the irritating boy sternly.

Ronny stopped and looked at Fray before casting his head down, "i sorry."