Chapter 28

It had been 4 weeks since graduation, Kyle and I decided that is that family was more important than Vanessa and Fray.  It's not that we completely took them out of our lives. More of we found it beneficial that they stay at a safe distance because because of past issues.  Vanessa and Frey did not take it well, For about a week they had blown up both of our phones. It took a harassment phone call from the police to get them to leave us alone.

Kyle was patient with them, yet when it came to me he noticed the nail biting and the constant shaking in my hands. Once that had started he decided enough was enough and they were no longer allowed in my life.

We had moved into our apartment and he had started a new job. A very well paying one I might add, I had not known about his tech skills until he had to fix Dean's computer. Chrystal came to visit often, more over to babysit while Kyle was at work, which wasn't often. He had opted on working from home a majority of the time as to keep a close eye on me.

Though there were times I had issues distinguishing between my anxiety of him leaving me, and reality. Cristina called it 'abandonment trauma' from Fray and Vanessa. This didn't surprise Kyle nor I, I had been feeling abandoned when things got out of control.

Kyle had officially set up a routine for me, a chore chart, as well as a good behavior poster. We were definitely working our relationship for more of a long term thing. I was finally able to sleep through the night as well as eat without feeling like I didn't deserve it.

"Angel cakes, you're spacing, is everything alright?" I heard Kyle's concerned voice from beside me.

I blinked a couple of times before turning and looking at him. His face was a cute contorted mix of worry and confusion.

Smiling, I nodded, "yesth daddy, jus tinkin."

He sat down fully and gave a questioning look, "about what kitten?"

I giggled, "yew and mes siwwy."

Chuckling he raised his eyebrow, "oh yeah?"

Simply Nodding at him, I went back to my toys and cartoons, he didn't need to know the details. We didn't keep secrets but when we were thinking, we at least checked on each other to make sure it wasn't something bad. It hardly ever was bad, we thought about normal things now, bills and chores, not kidnapping and trauma.

I had a playdate set up for this evening with Chrystal, so Dean and Kyle could have some adult time. I didn't quite understand why my brother thought Kyle needed that. Instead of questioning him, I looked forward to the tea party Chrystal and I were planning for all our stuffies.

Being in charge of the itinerary for the tea party was huge work. I was excited to do it though, because it meant that I was helping, I learned that I like to help. Daddy enjoyed when we cleaned together moving out of our dorm. He would always point things out that I had missed, but he never said it like it was a bad thing. Calmly he would say 'uh oh princess, I think the goblins are messing with your cleaning!' Then he would point to a spot that clearly had been missed by a toddler mindset.

Daddy and I were settled together, loving just being around one another without an obligation. I truly believe that I am falling in love with Kyle, as every day passes and we close our eyes feeling  at peace. Dean seemed to notice too as he kept making jokes about Kyle and I getting serious. Though Kyle and I would just brush it off as Dean being Dean, not sure if he was even considering what he meant by it.

"Princess Bubba and CC will be here in about an hour, do you think you can pick your toys up for daddy and take them to your room?" Kyle questioned softly from the kitchen.

"Otay daddy!" I squealed before starting to pick up.

I liked being good over breaking the rules, Kyle gave special surprises if I had 5 stars on my good behavior chart a week. Most of the time it consisted of my favorite dinner or a new stuffie. Which I don't mind, though it makes me feel spoiled. He just continues to remind me that I'm his baby and baby's are allowed to be spoiled, to an extent.

Life has been fairly simple since we decided to cut ties with the Johnson's. I felt free and like myself, my true self that wasn't afraid of every corner in the world. Finding who I am and moving forward with a relationship that I build on trust. Kyle and I were working hard for each other, not just for ourselves, and it made us both happy.

I was happy, I am happy, and that, is thanks to a sandy blond boy who knows how I think.