3

edited.

Elle Miller

I wore a formal blue shirt and a black tight skirt. I grabbed my bag whilst checking the time. It was 7:30.

I got in a bus and waited for my stop. Soon I got off the bus and hurried upto 42nd floor of the building to meet up with Mr. Smith, who was going to explain me my work.

7:50.

"Hello Miss Miller, here's the schedule. I hope you do your job sincerely. William doesn't like laziness."

"Yes Mr Smith. Thank you."

Now, i have to make him a strong coffee. I dashed down to the 40th floor and made the coffee the way he likes it. At sharp 8, I reached his office and kept the coffee on table.

As I was about leave the door opened and Enz- I mean Mr William entered. Looks like he himself arrived early today. I got to fix his tie first. I pressed my lips against each other. It's okay! You can do this!

"Here."

He hands over the tie to me. I carefully tied the tie around his neck making sure it's not too tight. While doing so I had to stand up on my toes to reach his height. We were too close but anyways.

I felt him stare at me right into my eyes. I avoided the eye contact, focusing on the tie. Then I pulled away.

He cant do it himself huh?

"Tell me my schedule for the day."

He said completely unfazed at the close proximity we had before and settled down on his chair. He took a sip of coffee.

"Not bad."

"Yes sir, You have a meeting with Andersons at 10am and another meeting with the Italians at 1pm. Thats it for today."

"Wow. Great."

He muttered.

"I'll take my leave."

"What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to make the presentation for the meeting with Andersons. As for the Italians, its already made by you."

"What else?"

For a second I went blank but then I opened my mouth again.

"I'll get familiar with the surroundings."

"Oh right.. you need a tour of the office too."

He rested his head on his hand, thinking about something and then raised his head.

"Anyways get ready with the presentation. You're going to accompany me everywhere I go, understand?"

"Yes sir, I'm well aware."

I answered while pushing the strands of hair which seem to be annoying me all of a sudden.

Enzo pressed his lips against each other as he looked at me. He seemed to have blanked out.

"You can leave."

I nodded and immediately started working on the presentation. Then I arranged my stuff and rushed out to the conference room to arrange the meeting.

9:50.

"In my office."

His voice was sharp. He was really into work i guess.

"Is the meeting room ready?"

"Yes."

"Let's go then."

We were inside the meeting room. Enzo was presenting while i sat on the chair observing him closely.

Our eyes did meet once in a while. It only made my heart race.

His body language, his accent was on point.

How did he change so much? It's a good change but..

Is his personality still the same?

.

.

.

"You know where's the cafeteria right?"

The meeting was over and lunch break had already began.

"I'll figure it out."

He nodded and left me. I was on the 5th floor now. I heard the cafeteria was somewhere here.

"Ouch!"

Someone squealed as they bumped into me. I looked at the person my lips parting, almost in horror.

It was her. Enzo's ex.

Enzo William.

I was quite satisfied with Elle's work. She is so passionate about everything she does. I would never let her leave this company.

I called up Aubrey, my employee, to show Elle around. I'm pretty sure they both are familiar with each other.

Afterall, Aubrey was with us during our childhood and shortly shifted when I went abroad.

She is quite clingy towards me so it's better if I keep her away from me. It's annoying. Maybe if I put her to work and help out Elle? Sounds good.

After work hours, i took a look at Elle's cabin. It was arranged so nicely.

"She is good.."

I mumbled. Her presentations were good too. I never thought she had the speaking skills. She really changed over time.

I could write a long ass essay on how perfect the meeting went because of her. Today was gonna be stress free.

 Today was gonna be stress free