6

edited

Elle Miller.

I hugged my pillow tightly, thinking about today's events. How dare he call me a 'weak woman'?

I always hated being called weak. Yes he hit the nerve. But I proved him that I'm not weak. I didn't had my lunch today.

That was a stupid move. I starved myself because of him. I'm stupid ugh.

Then my mind wondered back to that interesting event that happened in the morning.

Aubrey was whispering Enzo's name in a way i don't like.

Now why am I so sad about this? Do I still have feelings for him?

"It's just a damn crush! You'll get over it!"

I stared into a blank space. Why doesn't he realise Aubrey is just a rich pretty kid with no brain? I bet he is not even aware of the fact that she bullied me in my teenage years.

Yeah she'll always be a good person in his eyes. Tears pricked my eyes but I blinked them away. Enzo, along with my mood swings due to periods, was a headache!

With these thoughts I lied down on the bed falling in a deep slumber.

.

.

It's been 2 months I have been working in William Groups and my experience here is so far good. 

Mine and Enzo's relationship is.... the same? Yeah it is. But he tends to call me once a week to ask me about my days.

Thats one thing I appreciate about him. He cares about his employees.

I placed the coffee on his table and quickly went through his schedule on my phone. Then I heard the door open.

"Goodmorning sir."

I picked a tie fixing it around his collar as usual. I am still not used to this.

These days he stares at me so intensely. I am so close to hiding my face in a corner. Have I started looking more pretty or something ?

"The Johnson team is going to visit our building today at 10am. We have a deal to make with them. I hope you remember it."

"Yes Miss Miller, I'm well aware. Thanks for the reminder."

I pulled away.

"That's it for today. I'll get going."

"Listen, it's okay you if don't accompany me today. I'll do it alone."

He said. My ears perked up at his words. Good for me I guess. I can eat lunch without any rush.

"Okay sir."

Soon it was lunch time. I think he was done with the meeting. I badly wanted to ask him how it went but I just fight the urge and went to the cafeteria.

I settled down on a table shoving a strawberry in my mouth while scrolling through twitter.

I didn't cook today so instead brought some fruits.

I switched off my mobile deciding to finally focus on my 'lunch.'

"Excuse me?"

I looked at the source of the voice.

"May I sit here?"

I nodded keeping away my phone.

"You're Mr William's PA right?'

"Yeah.."

"Is it hard to work under him?"

He asked randomly as he pulled the chair to sit.

"Not really.."

The guy in front of me unwrapped his sandwich starting to eat it.

"Actually I saw that you spend your lunch alone since day one so... Today I finally got the balls to actually sit next to you. I hope you don't mind that?"

"Of course not"

I replied to him with a warm smile. Now this is what I'm talking about. People think I'm uninterested in them when it's not actually the case.

"Did Mr William had a PA before me?"

He stopped munching on his sandwich and leaned in.

"Yeah, she left a month before you joined."

He whispered and continued.

"Not left but boss fired her. She was lazy."

"Oh... Did he-Mr William did all the work alone during that month? No one here to help him?"

"Yeah he was working all alone. The meetings and all. Then he finally started looking for a PA when he realised he couldn't do stuff all alone."

I nodded in understanding.

"I see.."

"Oh I'm so stupid! I didnt introduce myself, I am Liam Blackwell."

He flashed me a bright smile. He was indeed handsome.

"Elle Miller."

I smiled politely.

"Let's be friends then? Sounds good?"

"Of course Liam."

"Great. I'll get going now Elle. Bye-bye!"

He rushed towards the exit. I looked at the time shocked. It was past lunch time.

I better get going. I don't want some whooping later!

 I don't want some whooping later!