Prologue

3rd person POV:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Each took a seat around the table, getting themselves situated as they did so. It was pretty much silent except for the rustling of fabric and screeching of chairs. Each of them took out a different piece of paper and a pen and began to scribble down any last-minute thoughts. 

The god of the Overworld, DreamXD, set his pen and paper down first, waiting for the others to finish. He was usually faster than the others, always finishing first then waiting patiently for the others. On his land, the people took care of themselves so it was only the geography and connections that he had to worry about. 

Kristen, the god of Limbo, finishing second but sometimes she'd finish first if even correcting anything at all. In her realm, everyone has their own space and rarely can visit friends or family. 

Boo, the now solo god of the end usually pretends to look over his stuff but never cares very much. He had trapped away 3 gods of agriculture, memory or knowledge, and trading, leaving no room for the three. He had told the others it was against his plan which made the economy begin to collapse.

The god of the Nether, Jack, often left everything to the last minute, therefore, finishing last. As his realm was slowly becoming anarchist without a true leader, he had given up. It wasn't like he was going to go down and fix anything, he was too lazy, often gambling against made-up people.

They all sat in silence for a second before Boo began, "So, I'll begin to list my concerns. Kristen, my people wish to have a way to return from limbo... so they aren't there forever."

"I'm sure we could try to arrange something," the woman replied with a cold look. It was usual for her to have an emotionless look, she saw people with the worst wounds and/or trauma you've probably never seen. 

"If I may interrupt, my people have as well," DreamXD added as he read down his list.

"I hope you do understand that it is very difficult to extract everyone who is of a certain religion. I would understand Boo's request since his people are ruled under one religion and look the same, but humans are much harder to read."

"Don't you have a worker to help you?" 

"I do not. I am the only one who possesses said abilities," she replied and set her paper down. "Any other concerns regarding death?"

"No, but I was thinking, I may have the End become an independent state," Boo said as he sat straighter.

"And what do you mean by that?" Jack asked as he leaned back a bit, relaxing. He was known for laying back and watching others do the work for him. Let's just say he didn't make the best god.

"I mean that I would like to begin to cut off all outside connections, starting with your realm, Jack."

"What? Why me?!"

"First off; I rely on you for nothing, your realm has become disorganized with no leader, and you haven't done a thing to change it. Would you like me to list more?"

"Listen here you little-" Jack yelled as he stood up, lunging for Boo. DreamXD sat the man back down and continued.

"That reminded me..." DreamXD began as he scribbled something down. "To stabilize our realms, might we be able to make some kind of angel to see over them for us? Like political leaders?"

"How might that work?" Kristen asked.

"You can make them, yourselves. You can do whatever you please for them... it's just something to be there. They can report to you, you can go see them... whatever you please. I think it may benefit all of us."

"But what about me? I do not have anything to look after," Kristen added as Jack muttered to himself. 

"Find someplace to put them or have them help with you in your realm. I think it could resolve all of the issues I have for today."

"W-well I have seen a decrease in trade lately," Jack announced.

"Are you sure? You don't often check-" Boo began, snottily. 

"That's enough, both of you," Kristen snapped. She turned to DreamXD and said, "I will go along with your idea, as long as I am free to do whatever I please with the build and knowledge of said angel. What is everyone else's choice?" The other two agreed, but they didn't go as quietly as DreamXD had hoped. 

They asked so many questions... it was insane. Example after example, they were never satisfied. At least in the end it was worth getting what he wanted. 

The meeting adjourned and they were told to meet at the same time next week. Quite simple but for Jack, it was quite the daunting task.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what it is about god and stuff, but I just think it's a fascinating topic. I was raised atheist so I know literally know nothing. I've been to a friends church like twice lmao

I'm having a lot of Spamton brainrot rn oml. I've never played deltarune or undertake since my Chromebook is shit and it doesn't run on google chrome anyway. Someday tho :,]

It's kind of late ngl, I'm going to sleep. It's been a long day. Cya tomorrow ig.

[word count:880]

-avarageknot