Chapter 6

3rd person POV:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ranboo was awoken from his quiet slumber by a knock at the door. He felt so disheveled and tired but needed to wake Tubbo so they wouldn't get caught.

"Just a moment!" Ranboo called as Tubbo groaned. Although they were both a bit drowsy, they worked fast to fix themselves for their visitor. "Yes?"

A voice called from the other side of the large double doors, "Dream of the Overworld is here to see you, your majesty." 

"Let him in then." The door opened and a man in a mask and a green cloak stepped through, giving them a bow. "Welcome."

"Thank you for having me," the man said as Tubbo pulled him up an armchair like he had done this before. Ranboo gave him a nod of approval as the man took a seat. "I have come to report a new portal opening--"

"That doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary. I would rather you not waste my time..."

"Well, I saw someone... get pushed through by another man. If you could just keep on the lookout for those two I'm sure it would be of great help."

"If I did have an issue with whoever did come through, I would've told the king about it. However, I have had no such issue with said person. But I could always advise your kind to throw you out of his guard. I do hope that isn't your wishes." Tubbo almost let out a giggle at Ranboo's comments.

"Ranboo, please. You don't need to act formally--"

"Do not tell me what to do and not do. We are not friends. We are mere acquaintances of the same half-breed. You do not have half of the responsibilities that I do. Go back to playing the knight in shining armor, it suits you much better," Ranboo spat. Tubbo had to turn around to keep himself from giggling. "I'll be sending a letter to the king about our talks today. You are dismissed."

The man stormed off, smelling the doors behind him. Once Tubbo heard the slam, he laughed so hard that he became a puddle on the floor. 

"Excuse me for speaking that way towards him, I just don't have a place in my heart for him or any human," Ranboo told the other as Tubbo regained his strength.

"I'm sorry... that was just the funniest shit I have ever seen... although, you do seem to have a place in your heart for me," Tubbo said with a smile. 

"I guess I do... you seem much happier than earlier."

"All it took was a story and some rest."

"You do understand it is nighttime, right? That's why I was so tired."

"Oh... sorry, did you want to go sleep?"

"Yeah, but after I finish this letter..." Ranboo picked up the pen once more and began to write. Before they headed to their rooms, Ranboo gave one of the enderman guards the letter and ordered them to deliver it immediately.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dream!" the prince roared as he waved the letter in front of his guard. "Do you know how much trouble this could cause us?!"

"W-well, yes but--" Dream tried to argue 

"You know that we could fall to them any day now. Our intention had been building so much... I have to put in so much more work because my father is bedridden you know... this was not supposed to be on the list!"

The prince stormed off into his father's room to tell him what had happened. Dream felt a tinge of guilt for what he had done, especially since he had angered the prince. The way the other man walked just made him think he needed to follow the prince. The man shut the door and he entered, leaving Dream to wait outside. Sobs could be heard inside so Dream just took a small peek inside. 

A woman stood over the king. Long, black hair flowed from a large sunhat. Her black dress was spread evenly on the ground under her. He reached down slowly and pulled something from the king's chest as the prince sobbed. A red gleam could be seen through the locks of hair. She crushed the item and disappeared along with it.

"George?" Dream asked as he approached the prince cautiously. George wiped his eyes and looked up at the other.

"Excuse me for crying... m-my father... is... I'd rather not discuss it. Please call for a... a coroner," George replied as he remained by the bed with his father.

"Who was that woman?"

"The goddess of death... every time royalty dies, the goddess comes to visit and wishes them goodbye... just call for the coroner."

Dream left the room, following the prince's orders. What made matters worse was the fact that banished gods we going to be brought back. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

short chapter huh?

I just wasn't motivated

[word count:810]

-avarageknot