Chapter 5

3rd person POV:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ranboo waited for the other to get out of the bath. As he waited, he looked around the room a bit. It had the same patterns that the rest of the palace had, long purple drapes laces with gold hung from high windows, a soft black rug that was 2/3 of the room itself, a vanity with a silver lining, and a large bed with sheer curtains for privacy. It looked like his room, but smaller and less decorated. 

While he snooped, he found a shattered mirror in one of the drawers of the vanity. He picked up one of the shards and looked at himself through it. He looked so propper like everyone wanted, which made him... better?

Always raised to be perfect, never stepping out of line. Although sometimes, this was nice, at others it could be the death of him. With eyes always peeking in on him, he didn't have the space to be free. The bathroom was the only place and even there, if he was in too long, they would think he was abducted.

Eventually, he got bored and decided to just look over the painting of the former queens in the hallway. They each had their name and something important they did underneath and then there was his, the only one with no nameplate or title. It's not like he did anything important yet

He heard a door open and waltzed in to greet the other who seemed to have found an old outfit of his somewhere. The top fit nicely, but the pants were much too long, which almost made Ranboo laugh but as a king, he shouldn't laugh, it would break character pulse, others were watching.

Enderman's torso was the size of a human's torso but their legs were so much longer, imaging them so much taller. Adult enderman often were about 8-10 feet tall. He was just shorter but he was still growing so it didn't matter.

"I-it's a bit big," the boy stuttered as he shuffled around. Oh how small the boy looked, Ranboo hoped he had seen himself already  

"Would you like it fitted?" Ranboo asked as he looked over it.

"Oh, I'm alright, thanks though... why do you want to help though..?" 

"You looked to be in danger... and what kind of king would I be if I didn't help my people?"

"But I'm not one of your people..." 

"You have come into my realm, you are under my rule. In Ender laws, chapter 11; section B, it states that, 'Anyone without a Realm Passport shall be seized and taken into that realm's security for background checks under the decree, excluding any royal origin.' iii. of the said section also states that, 'If the queen does wish, the being without a passport may stay with them on the condition that the queen or being in question does pay a hefty fine,' although I can tell that is already money you don't have. I'll pay it myself," Ranboo said as he helped the boy roll up the pants a bit neater. "I'll allow you to pay it back if you are to be my advisor. Do you accept?"

"I-I do... why do you have that memorized?" he asked as the two walked out and to Ranboo's study for Ranboo to work more. 

"It's used in law, more than you'd expect." Ranboo swung open the door and took a seat at his desk. He whisked the guards away and  "Read anything you'd like, just don't touch the antiques, their worth more than my life. I would be frowned upon if even I so much as touched them."

"It seems like you guys have a lot of rules..." 

"More of... expectations... that I set for myself. As the first king, I have a lot to live up to."

"Why not blaze your own trail, make something for the kings that the queens don't have. Maybe... you could loosen up restrictions..." He almost lost his cool. After all, they had work to build... go to waste by little old me. 

"Are you crazy? Do you know how long it took to build this?"

"S-sorry..."

"Don't be, I didn't know you didn't know. I'll keep your thought in mind. I know this may sound odd, but I didn't catch your name," Ranboo said as he scribbled down his signature one last time before setting his pen down once again.

"Tubbo... do you have a favorite story?" Tubbo asked as the other stacked his papers neatly.

"In English?"

"I guess so."

Ranboo sighed and rose from his seat. He walked to the bookshelf behind Tubbo. Hundreds of different colored books sat on every shelf, taking up just enough space to fit its neighbor. The taller boy grabbed a book from the second shelf from the top.

"I've always been interested in gods and fables... this one contains all of my favorites." Tubbo let out a small yawn as Ranboo walked to one of his 'comfy meeting long chairs' or a sofa for everyone else. He took a seat and looked through the contents of the book, landing on a page in the middle. Tubbo came and cuddled up next to him as he began to read, 
"A long time ago, in the overworld, a god lived among men. He made deals and bets with others which usually resulted in him winning. If however, he lost, you were destined to have a good life. He made a living off of his deals, it wasn't honesty but then again, nothing about this man's life was. With his winnings, he had bought a palace, multiple churches under his name, and all of the food and booze anyone could ever want. Since he had places of worship, people often came to question what they should do with their lives. 
One day, a woman came to him asking what she should do with her baby. The god had a brand new idea. He told her that it would be his baby with features like his and she would have to pay him and if she didn't she would suffer, although he never intended to hurt her, it was just a joke so she would keep paying him.
When the baby was born, the man took the baby into its care and away from the mother. The god was so entranced by the baby that he said it was his greatest treasure. 
The boy grew up with the man and over the years the god realized he had the trait of immortality. The got was set on teaching the boy his ways but before they could get too far in-depth, the godly war began, destroying anything in its path.
The man and the boy were separated, but the boy did not give up. In the final hours of the war, the man was imprisoned by the god of the End. To spite the god, the boy ripped the Ender god in two which created the twin gods.
The boy never stopped searching for his father, always looking wherever he could. 
But hundreds of years ago, he disappeared. Never to be seen again...

The... end..."

Tubbo slept happily, leaning against Ranboo who closed the book and drifted to sleep too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

i was going to have this chapter 4 but needed some different background :)

[word count: 1224]

-AvarageKnot