Chapter 10

3rd person POV:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The man stared at the blue butterfly as it landed on a twisted branch. He took a picture of it and smiled. It was a delightful day, the fires were in a full roar as the vines rustled. He seemed much more focused on the creature than everything around him.

"Niki! Look at this! I haven't seen it before..." the man said the woman behind him battled a piglin.

"Ran! Can you help me?!" she screeched as the piglin was backing her into a corner. The other sighed, pulling out his sword and turning around to help the woman. He took one slash and sliced the piglin in half at the waist. "You didn't need to do that!"

"What should I have done?" 

"Chase 'im away?" she replied, knocking him on the head. 

"Sorry... but I'm sure you were plenty capable of defeating him."

"Maybe I was, but I just didn't want to." The was a brief pause where she kicked the body away and Ran rolled his eyes. "Are we done here? I'm getting really hot..."

"Yep! I got the photos I needed. Now the last place to go is... the End."

"You need to deal with it Ran," Niki said as she sheathed her sword. 

"But I don't want to..." the other complained as they hung their head. Niki rolled her eyes and she pulled Ran along. 

"You wanted this for your research, Ran."

"But do we have to..? I mean what if he's visiting..?"

"Ran, he doesn't visit." They stepped through the portal and walked through a long, underground hallway to a piston door. She flicked a level, opening the door to a different portal.

Ran remembered popping out at this portal and building a while contraption to hide as his brother searched for him on foot. He had to make it even more secret when the Portal Decree began especially since this was the royal portal.

He had met the prince once while going to get supplies for his underground bunker. The prince was upset at his mother and was going to run away. Ran convinced him otherwise and walked him to the palace, returning him to his home. Niki however, was almost caught stealing his shit. 

Niki and Ran had met while they were battling on the opposite sides. Ran was fighting in a battle event that was hosted by the kingdom. Of course, Ranboo used normal human strength and would never cheat by using anything godly, even if he was losing since it would be deemed unfair. Niki and Ran were fighting and they ended up going for over 45 minutes and neither of them was winning so they decided to wave their white flag and while they were getting fixed up in the infirmary, they talked and talked. 

Ran had always been aching for a friend. When he got the courage, he invited her over to his base but that was so long ago and they lived together now, so why should they even care about remembering when they met?

Niki shoved the enderman through the portal and jumped through it behind him. She pushed him to the nearest city, hoping to get more food. She bought everything and he wined and complained the entire time repeating, "I don't want to be here," with the occasional, "Can we go yet?"

She was so sick of it by the end of the day that she just threw her pack into his arms and told him to find a place to set up. And of course, he did exactly what he was told, all with a large smile on his face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

reading that's, like, a hundred miles is just AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

anyway this is short right before Halloween

[word count: 625]

-avarageknot