Chapter 3

3rd person POV:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Two men sat at a long table that had worn out over hundreds of years. They ate scraps of meat that they had hunted themselves. One looked to be human, while the other was a piglin. They were twins, linked by blood at birth. 

The meat they had found from a forest north of the castle. The forest held most of the game or meat. If you could find any vegetables, however, they would have been tucked away somewhere or grown in a secure location. It was common to see someone who had starved on these streets. 

The human was much politer than the other, taking small bites that were neatly cut while the other scarfed down their food. The human would often look disgusted at his twin. All the human twin wanted to do was be polite, but the other did not fit his values. The human was more focused on an actual stable government. 

The piglin was often like a barbarian. He let his hair grow out, only sometimes bathed, and would usually come back bloodied from battle. He stole and lied to others just to get something he wanted. Sometimes the human would wonder if he was the cause for anarchy. 

"Wil, why don't you embrace your heritage, you know being human for too long could hurt you," said the piglin as he took a large bite of meat. 

"Yeah, I'm alright. I prefer to be civilized, thank you very much," Wilbur replied as he took a small bite. He cut small pieces out of the meat and chewed them politely, as not to disrupt the other who obviously didn't care.

Wilbur preferred to look human. He didn't want pink hair or large tusks, he only wanted to be treated as an equal by humans. Humans had always looked down on piglins and hoglins. If they were different, humans cast them out, making them fugitives, especially since they were considered poor. The man just wanted to blend in, maybe if they found that a piglin can be human, they would appreciate them more. 

"Wilbur, we live in a world of chaos. You cant expect everything to be just as perfect as you are." 

"Techno, you and I both know that a government needs to be--"

"Don't you dare talk politics to me," Techno snarled? He ripped a chunk of meat off of the bone which made Wilbur shiver a bit. 

The government was always something to be argued about. If one refused to do something, the other would stand their ground and argue with each other like children. It's not like they were raised with parents anyway or at least ones who cared. 'Every man or himself,' was pretty much the slogan of the Nether. When the gods stopped caring, so did they.

"Then don't bring up my form you arse--" A large explosion erupted outside, rattling the windows. Someone had thrown some water into the lava pits below, making it explode with fiery rage. It was probably hurt someone or something. As the realm was in chaos and money was gold that could be found nearly anywhere, but no one chose to mine it, people turned to warfare as the only option to get more.

Most had formed gangs which usually ended up with all of the members dying or being recruited to a powerful rival. The people on their own had either escaped or died trying. All of the massive monuments for the gods were destroyed or housed some kind of cult. The cults often stayed alive for about 10-20 years and then got obliterated by a gang or someone who rivaled their beliefs, the same went for governments. 

However, Techno was by far the name that was the most feared. He could slaughter armies of men and come off with not a scratch. Anything that came in the way of him and eternal anarchy had to perish. It was said that he only did all of this for the voice of the god but it wasn't the god, it was just voices, just plain old people telling him to slaughter the masses. 

Wilbur on the other hand was calm and collected, always pushing back the voices he heard until he muted them all together. It was only that if he was angry that he would let them loose and then, and only then could he slaughter an entire nation. When he was enraged, he was even stronger than Techno which is why Techno tried to get under his skin so much. Techno wanted to see him snap, he wanted to see his twin's unbridled rage.

Techno had seen it only once before and even then the memory was still clear as day. Techno was hurt, almost dead by the most powerful gang anyone has had the misfortune of coming across. Wilbur came at the last minute, he might have only been 9 or 10, but by god did he murder all of them in one shot. The piglin boy was so impressed that he asked his twin to help him defeat anyone that stood in his path, but the other declined to say that he would only use it for self-defense. 

Although Techno couldn't blame him, it probably took years of self-control and patience, that he just didn't have, to make up that kind of intolerance. But eventually, the man would snap and hopefully not kill his twin. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

911 whats your emergency?

[word count:911]

-AvarageKnot