Chapter 15

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

Abeer's Pov

It was almost afternoon and I had no damn energy in me to walk any further, I was exhausted! Whereas Shorty was walking ahead of me, blabbering non-stop, and I would die before I admit it but her company and her own energy were giving me a little bit of strength to go on.

"You're so slow," she commented and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah well I'm human and without food and water they tend to lose their energy," I say and stop supporting my back on a tree. I see her turn around so I continued, "Unlike you, I don't know what kind of animal you are." 

"You! I'm no animal!" She says and was about to say something when I raise my hand and tell her to stop because that's when I felt something weird on my leg, I dared to look down and-

"Oh my God Jasmine! Where did you go, sweety?" Shorty yelled and picked up the brown fur ball which was sniffing my leg.

"What the hell is that!" I say looking at the weird mouse in her hand.

"It's a rabbit." She says in a duh tone.

"Why is it like that?" I ask and move towards it, I raise my hands to touch its head when suddenly it looked towards me and hissed. I swear it hissed at me! Rabbit can't hiss, right?

"Are you sure it's a rabbit?" I ask and Shorty ignored me and kept cooing at the weird animal.

"Hey Jasmine, I don't know if you will understand it or not but by any means do you know somewhere we could eat or maybe drink?" I looked at Shorty as if she has lost her mind because the rabbit she was talking to was fully ignoring her and was gazing somewhere else.

"Yeah sure, talk to that animal, after all, only animals can talk with other animals," I say with a snort and started to walk again. 

I take out my phone to check whether my secret friend slash the girl I actually like a lot more than a friend has replied to me or not and there were no messages, thanks to the spectacular network in the jungle.

"You're so rude!"I heard her voice behind me and I immediately forgot about the girl on the phone and looked back at shorty and her adorable frown.

"I'm not rude, I just state facts!" I joke trying to distract myself from the voice my stomach was making. God, I was hungry!

"Hey look," Shorty says excitedly pointing at something in the distance and I turned to see what she was pointing at.

I absolutely did not see anything.

"What am I looking at here exactly?" I ask.

"That plant, we can eat t-" I did not hear the rest of what she said because as soon as she said eat, I was rushing towards the direction she was pointing at.