Chapter 17

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

"Did you hear that?" Varun asked as he looked towards Ranbir and Zain. Zain nodded his head while Ranbir looked worried.

"That was clearly a gunshot, let's go there, "Ahana says looking at Robert who clearly looked shocked and confused.

"Is it safe to go through?" Ranbir asks this time and Robert nods his head.

"I've called for a search party, and there are also some officers with us, so we can go look, but only two people can come with me, rest of you have to stay here," Robert instructs and looks at Varun who nodded his head.

"Ranbir and I'll go, you guys stay here, " Varun says and looks to his right where Aarav in his costume stood with Keith and Giva, "and take care of those children, hopefully, we will find Abeer and Ira soon." Zain nodded his head as he saw Aria coming out of her tent with a bag in her hand.

"What is it?" Ranbir asks as she comes closer and stood beside Zain.

"Food and Water, they gotta be hungry, "Aria answers as Ahana fills her up with the details of them hearing a gunshot and the search party.

"That's good to hear," Aria says when Aarav walks towards them. "Um...guys a little help here," he says and looks towards the girls.

"Giva is on the verge of crying and I don't know what to do." Aarav tells them and immediately Ahana and Aria go towards her where Keith was already trying to console her.

"I'm really worried man," Zain says out loud and Aarav looks at him as if he is nuts.

"Dude, he is out alone with a girl in the middle of the jungle, as far as my bet goes I can say he is excited." Aarav says cheekily.

"This is serious, they can be hurt, and worse we just heard a gunshot," Ranbir says and Aarav rolls his eyes.

"Are you sure that was a gunshot and not him making out and moa-" he was cut off when Zain shut his mouth with his hand and glared at him.

"Shut up, let's go," and Zain pulled Aarav with him to the group as Varun and Ranbir got ready to go with the search party.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

Abeer's Pov

I swear this was the first good thing that happened on this trip, and for the first time I'm not regretting getting stuck in this damn forest with Shorty.

When those two men were running behind us, I was scared, not for me and but for her, and I've no idea why maybe it was because I've grown attached to her in the last few days or maybe it was because I like her company. Whatever it was, but back when we were talking to those men I was so close to punching the man who kept staring at her.

Instinctively I hid her behind me because I wanted to protect her and those men were clearly a threat. I wanted them to think we jumped down in the river cause I wanted them behind our back. And I see it happening when I saw them retreating back the way they came from, that's when I took a huge sigh of relief and then my eyes went towards her.