Chapter 29

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Abeer's Pov

She was looking beautiful tonight. I mean she looked beautiful every day but tonight, she looked breathtakingly beautiful.

But then I see the nuisance of my life, her brother, who was like the devil in my life! Ayaan.

He was absent from our lives for a year and a half and now we see him and he has already become a hurdle in my love life.

I've seen him glaring at me from time to time as I talked with Shorty, I see him give me death glares whenever I came even a fraction near to her. Let's not forget the time I had a crush on Kaira and he did the same thing! He used to keep giving me death glares for even talking with her.

But as time went I realized, I couldn't see anything happening with me and Kaira and eventually we became good friends but Ayaan did disappear from us after that, where he went, only Ahana knew.

"What are you thinking?" Shorty's voice broke my thoughts and I see her looking at me.

"Just thinking how to save myself when your brother strikes at me," I say and she laughs heartily.

"Why would you think he will strike at you, my brother is the softest human being on the planet," she says and I scoff at that statement. Softest human being, my ass.

"Yeah well, whatever," I mutter under my breath as I give a last glance at him and turn my back on him.

"Wow, there's a lot of people here," Shorty comments glancing around.

"Yeah I told you, my dad does extra, but I love him anyway," I say and turn back to her.

Oh, God! She was gulping her drink and my eyes involuntarily went to her lips which were invit-

And that's when someone pushed me from behind breaking my not so innocent thoughts.

"You're clearly distracted today," Shorty comments.

"Yeah, well you're distracting me," I try flirting which was definitely not my expertise, but did it anyway because I never had to flirt with anyone and I had the girl I wanted just like that but not with Samaira, I want to try everything with her.

Speaking of, "I think I'm gonna stop calling you shorty after all," I tell her who was standing ahead of me with an ablush adorning her face but looked at me confused at my later statement.

"Really?" she asks unbelievably and I smile at the disappointing look on her face.

"Yeah, I'm gonna start calling you Samaira," I say and she frowns.

"I told you I don't like that name," she says rolling her eyes and I smile.

"But I love it," I tell her when my eyes went near the entrance of the door and widened.