Chapter 18

»»——⍟——««

»»——⍟——««

Ira's Pov

The first thing I did when I reunited with my sister was, hug her. God, I missed her. There was a joyous atmosphere all over the camp now that I and Abeer returned.

Speaking of Abeer, after our fight in the middle of the jungle, I haven't seen him, I got inside a jeep while his friends surrounded him. Their jeep was just behind us and since then I have just been thinking about him and our fight.

"Here, I brought you some soup." I came out of my thoughts when Giva came and sat beside me holding a hot tomato soup. I hurriedly took it but before I took it to my lips I remembered Abeer, "Did Abeer have anything?" I asked making sure not to show my concerned face.

"Yes," Giva laughed. "You know Ahana and Aria have been feeding the poor man food after food, it's hilarious, he's almost exhausted from eating." She told me and I smiled.

I had a full lunch a while back and Giva insisted I have some soup too because she thinks I was still hungry even after telling her multiple times that I was actually full.

"That's good," I say and I felt tired as exhaustion of the last three days took over me and after having food, I very much wanted to sleep and never wake up.

"Can I come in?" A voice came from the entrance of our tent and I looked up to see Kaira standing there.

I was surprised to see her here, I have talked like only two-three sentences with her from the time I have met her.

"Sure, come in," I say and she walks in as Giva gives her a huge smile. 

"Hey, Keith was looking for you," Kaira tells Giva and Giva looks at me asking me if it's okay if she goes and I nod my head telling her to go on.

Once Giva leaves I see Kaira taking a seat in front of me and giving me a smile. "How are you?" she asks.

"I'm good," I answer her, still unsure why she was here exactly. Did Abeer tell her about our kiss? Was she here to tell me to stay away from him like those bitchy girls from books tell-

"Here, I brought you some medicine," she says and handover a tablet. "The health doctor who was with the camp told it would help with the exhaustion." I looked at her surprised.

I took the tablet and smiled, "Thank you."

"No problem, but are you really okay though? Cause Abeer didn't look okay and he isn't even speaking since the time you guys came back." she sounded worried as she told me and I looked down.

"Yeah, I'm really okay," I say not really wanting to say anything that happened between me and Abeer.

It looked like she wanted to say some more but she decided against it when I saw her opening and closing her mouth. "Well, okay then, you take rest." She says and stands up and I feel bad for giving short answers and making her feel dismissed.