Chapter 21

❃

❃.✮:▹ ◃:✮.❃

Abeer's Pov

"I can't wait to go home! I need a proper sleep!" Ranbir muttered as we finally stopped at the beautiful waterfall, the last stop of this trip.

Tomorrow we would be going back to our home and resuming our lives again. And in one week the college will start again. I don't want this trip to end but like all good things, it is going to end and I won't be able to see shorty daily.

I hope she comes to the party, I don't think she has still forgiven me for kissing her by the way she gets away whenever I come closer to her. It hurts, but I understand where she is coming from.

I would've been pissed too if I got to know that she was talking to some random guy on the Internet for months and- 

That's when my phone beeped. Ah, I finally got some range again.

My eyes widened realizing who the message was from. She's messaging me after a whole week. And that's when I realized something. I was not so eager to open the message like I was before I met Shorty. Now though, I'm not even curious to know what she was saying as I had before.

"Dude, stare at that damn phone later, you're not going to get this view again." Varun smacked my head. I pocketed the phone and looked up. 

He was right.

I was never going to get this view again. Shorty was standing at the edge of the waterfall along with Aria and Aarav as they splashed the water on each other.

A slow smile formed on my lips looking at her laughing heartily as if she had no care in the world.

"Come on," Varun said and pushed me towards the waterfall. "Let's jump!" Varun yelled as he yanked his shirt and threw it down and before I could do the same and follow him Ahana pushed me in with all my clothes on.

"Seriously Ahana!" I yelled over the noise of water as she laughed at me. I looked at Zain and Ranbir standing below the waterfall shirtless, I swam towards them followed by Varun.

"Corgi, come on get in!" Ranbir yelled and I shook my head as water splashed around me.

"I don't want to get wet!" she said and was about to turn around but before she could Keith pushed her inside the water and I laughed out loud.

"Yes! Well done Keith!" I laughed and looked at Ahana who was coughing water, "See, that's what you get for pushing me in the water!" I laughed again as she glared at me.

I looked around and couldn't spot Shorty, I looked a little ahead and there she was talking to some boy. Who the fuck is he?

She was fucking laughing with him. And I don't like this feeling, whatever I was feeling watching her with that boy. Damn it!

"Come on, I'll catch you." Zain's voice broke my thoughts as I saw Aria jumping in followed by Keith.

"What's gotten your panties in a twist?" Ranbir asked coming from behind as he followed my gaze where shorty was talking with some boy.

"OHH!" Ranbir whistled and laughed and I glared at him but he only laughed again. "Don't worry I understood what has gotten your panties in a twist!" he says and laughs again. 

"Abeer is jealous!!" Zain spoke as he came to my other side laughing. "The feeling which I never thought I would see on Abeer," Zain said and high five Ranbir as they laughed.

"I hate you guys!" I muttered under my breath and was about to give them some piece of my mind when Varun yelled.

"Guys, watch out!" We three didn't get the time to move before a huge weight named Aarav jumped upon us.

"Damn it Aarav, my nose!"

"Shit! I think I dislocated my shoulder. Aarav!"

"Take your smelly feet away from my face!" We yelled in unison as Aarav laughed.

He had a bright yellow floaty ring around his waist as he swam towards the girls, as they all laughed at us.

"Dude you look like a small kind with that floaty!" Varun commented from beside me chuckling.

"The water isn't even deep for you to use that!" Ranbir said as he tried taking the floaty from Aarav.

"Go and bring your own Ranbir, this is mine!" Aarav said as he went around as Ranbir chased him.

My eyes went back to shorty as I saw her walking in our direction. I saw Giva was with the girls already playing around.

"Get in shorty," I say as she stood before me with her hand's fold.

"No!" 

"Come on," 

"No,"

"Hey Ira, come in!" Aria yelled this time and I took the opportunity of her distraction to get out of water. Shorty was talking with Aria as I carefully walked towards her. Her back was to me as I got near her I saw my friends. Some were laughing, some were shaking their heads and some were waiting patiently, they know what I was gonna do.

When Shorty felt the change around, she turned around towards me, and let out a loud shriek as I picked her up bridal style.

"Abeer put me down!"

"No," 

"Abeer!"

"No," 

And with her in my arms, I jumped in the water as my friends laughed out loud. I realized she was holding me tightly and her eyes were closed shut.

"You're safe shorty, open your eyes," I whispered as my hands went around her waist holding her impossibly closer to me.

When she finally opened her eyes I laughed and the next moment she started hitting me with her tiny fists. "You...you, Idiot!" And I just laughed. God, I missed her beside me.

"Stop laughing! That was not cool!" 

"I never said it was."

"Then stop laughing!"

"No,"

"Abeer, I'm-"

She couldn't get to finish her sentence because Aarav came all of a sudden out of the water scaring the shit out of us.

"Haha, look at these scary birds!" he said and went back inside the water and we saw him scaring Ranbir and Ahana next.

"Leave me now, I'm fine," Shorty say as she tried removing my hand from around her waist. As much as I didn't want to let it go, I did.

"My dad is going to like you," I say as soon as she moved away from me but stopped.

"How do you know that?" She asked and I smiled as I swam towards her.

"Because I like you."

❃.✮:▹ ◃:✮.❃

Vote and Comment
Thank you