01. just fuck off

narrator's pov.

"sawamura, get over here," coach ukai called from the court.

you jogged up to the net, standing beside him. "yes, coach?"

"you're throwing for the sets," he told you, dropping a ball into your hands.

you nodded and tilted your head, gesturing for a first year player to come up and get ready to set. you threw up the ball for him to set while tanaka came up to hit it.

you could see yachi flinch from the sideline bench and you smiled, grabbing another ball to do the same thing all over again. many times.

ukai eventually got pissed off at one of the first years being unable to set properly and he got tobio to be the example.

you threw the ball up and he set it to shoyo, a little bit too high, and he just missed the ball.

"that was a shitty set, kageyama," you smiled passive-aggressively. he grunted in response and flipped you off.

"HEY," tanaka yelled. "NOT TO OUR MANAGER."

you grinned cockily at the irritated boy in front of you as he clenched his fists. "let's go again," you called, picking up another ball.

practice went on for another hour or so before it was time to get changed and lock up.

"i really think he likes me," yachi said excitedly as she buttoned up her blouse.

it was the same conversation every time you entered the locker rooms for the past week and you were getting tired of it. "stop waiting for him to ask you out, just do it already!" you groaned.

"i'm scared, what if i'm wrong and he rejects me?"

"yachi, you two kissed at my new years party. what makes you think he wouldn't want to be with you?"

she squirmed a little thinking about it. "i can't."

"no, i can't take listening to this another day, hitoka. you have to just confess, alright?"

"but-"

you held onto her face, "but nothing, okay. he will reciprocate your feelings, i promise you."

"you're really close to me right now," she blushed.

"yachi, that is not the point!" you dropped your arms.

"it's easy for you to say, you've never had to confess to anyone," she bowed her head. "i wish i was more like you."

you gripped onto her jaw and shook your head. "none of that," you kissed the tip of her nose. "any guy would be lucky to have you, alright? tell him how you feel, and if he doesn't feel the same, what's the worst that could happen? he apologises and tells you? that's baby shit."

she agreed silently with you and gave you a quick hug before grabbing her bag from the bench. "thank you, y/n."

"you go get 'em tiger!" you laughed, knowing damn well she was going to psych herself up too much and not end up doing it.

she took a deep breath before exiting the room. you turned back to get your jacket and accidentally spilt water from your bottle, "oh, shit."

it took five minutes to soak up the water, maybe you should start drinking more.

when you went to put the mop away, you heard a ball smacking onto the ground. walking out, you realised that hinata and kageyama were still practicing.

"you two, out."